- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- And btw talking about convenience , when you do full water changes you will need to take out the tank. When you do cycle you will need to still do weekly water changes, siphon the gravel. swish/rinse filter (very important to do it) ,monitor water parameters. I think it such a headache. And if you in school and if you need to leave home you can't live cycled tank without monitoring. So i think you really better to do what you already doing.
Also no 25% water changes for small tank not enough you need to do weekly 50% with vacuuming and filer media cleaning.
And i am going to pm you a link.
- Hey i am going to give you the link as i promised but i will have to pm you the link because somehow it not letting me to post it in the visitor messages.
As for the tank water changes. I personally do not recommend to cycle small tanks, i think the cycle in small tanks very easy to crashed and harm the betta. I just prefer to do full water changes. And i also do not like to change anything. If you betta doing well i would not do any change in his care. But its me , i just like to do full water changes.
- one advice get him 3 gall . It easier to take care of and you don't have to cycle it. He already used to the water changes that you doing and you can continue to do the same, just may be about every 6 days for the 3 gall. tank.
And when you buy live plants make sure you don't buy them from the tank where they have fish. Sometimes live plants can carry ich , not sure what else...But when you get live plants put the in the water without water conditioner for 2 wks for quarantining. I have very good link how to disinfect live plants , let me know if you want to see that link, unless you trust the store you buying the plants from:)
- Hey how is your betta doing?
I also have a question about water conditioner. I saw that you using BttaSafe API? Is that water conditioner good to use by itself or you need to add something else? Are you using that water conditioner for long time?
- I hope you not going to have any problem with him. I am kind of confused with water conditioners. I just post my thread about water conditioners. I just never had any problem with my water. How long you had first one before he got all those symptoms? And just be alert if he will stop acting like he is now (active, happy, swimming around, want to eat) then something is wrong. So hopefully everything is fine and first fish just was sick. It just i read that some people have ammonia in the top water . And i am not sure if every water conditioner removing it. I just made a thread about it. I also ask about the water conditioner that you using, so if you wait i will give you answer. Or you can check my thread. Also if you can do those weekly changes that i recommended and many other people will recommend to do the same. Make sure you acclimate him Good luck :)
- Hey so sorry for your betta. One advice when you go to the store take your water and let them check it, just to rule out water problem. I think you don't even have to pay for that. A lot of people have ammonia in the water. At least you will know your water was not the problem. And if it is appeared that you have water problem then deffinately find Prime . Prime is most recommended when you have water issues. If you absolutely can't find i can mail it to you.I think it good idea to do it before you buy another betta though. When you buy it just may be it good idea to wait for new shipment and also check for any sign of the sickness. Walmart is really not the best store to buy betta from, unless your are really knowledgeable to treat sick bettas. I know it sad and we want to rescue them, but it good to rescue healthy betta from pet store before it get sick anyway. Do you want me to write for you the symptoms that you don't want to see on your betta? Good luck with new betta.