Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources - Conversation Between SnowyKatt and ANHEL123
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » SnowyKatt » Conversation Between SnowyKatt and ANHEL123

Conversation Between SnowyKatt and ANHEL123
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. ANHEL123
    04-10-2013 12:50 PM - permalink
    ANHEL123
    Hey give us update when you can. I have note on my table to tell you about betta hammock lol I just looked through the pictures that you posted again , you have betta hammock. Some people don't realize that hammock has metal wire inside and you need to take it out.
  2. ANHEL123
    04-04-2013 01:52 PM - permalink
    ANHEL123
    Also it a lot of different bleaches with additives (many comes mixed with detergent)So find a bleach lke Clorox Regular.
  3. ANHEL123
    04-04-2013 01:48 PM - permalink
    ANHEL123
    I feel bad that you are killing yourself with all those disinfection. You can just take it out and clean once and then just put it back when you completely sure he don't have velvet left. And tell you the truth you don't even have to use bleach because if yo can live it in the son for a week and it completely dried - parasites will die. Don't use medications longer than you should. Overdosing can harm him. Also make sure you don't use salt more then 14 days. And use only therapeutic dose of it. And i would not use salt with medications at the same time. Good luck give us update.
  4. SnowyKatt
    04-04-2013 01:36 PM - permalink
    SnowyKatt
    I will definitely keep his water changes going and using salt, I didn't know about the light part, he has no light in his aquarium but he gets very little from Rainbow's, I'll keep that in mind as well, I plan on making 100% water changes and keep using his medication, and the salt, I also plan on using strong anti-bacterial cleaners, bleach and vinegar just to be triple sure he won't get these again, even if he is showing signs of improvement it is still in my plans to keep things on top with him.

    Thank you for the advice on the lighting, :)
  5. ANHEL123
    04-04-2013 12:49 PM - permalink
    ANHEL123
    Hey i just put my answer in your thread, don't want to disappoint you but even if he is feeling and acting better i would still do salt treatment to make sure you get rid all of them.He might feel better but if he still have any of them hide they will reproduce. Also i completely forget that those parasites are due to a photosynthetic process and will get worse with light. So if you have light in his tank keep it down
  6. SnowyKatt
    04-04-2013 01:15 AM - permalink
    SnowyKatt
    Anhel I have wonderful news!!! Phoenix is going to be okay!!! :D... he just ate a pellet at 1:59am today as of Thursday, April 04th/2013...

    The little guy is going to make it after all!! I was starting to have my doubts of his survival but it looks like he is going to be okay!! I'm super happy, I thought for sure with him being 11 months he wouldn't live to see his first birthday but by golly he did a complete turn around on me and surprised me!

    I did 2 thumbs up, clapped, cheered and told him he is a VERY good boy!!! he pulled through for me yet again... tough little soldier he is!!! I am so super happy I can just scream with delight!!

    Thank you for your help and support through everything! you have been wonderful!! I don't know whether to cry with joy or cry with relief... and if anyone asks about the velvet... it's an annoying pain in the rump in my honest opinion! and one I NEVER wish to ever encounter or deal with again! lol
  7. ANHEL123
    04-03-2013 07:19 PM - permalink
    ANHEL123
    Thank you for your friendship, you doing such a good job :)

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.