Conversation Between AyalaCookiejar and callistra
Showing Visitor Messages 71 to 80 of 88
- Well idk what it is. It may just be his coloring. But it looks a little off to me and I can only really see it in certain lighting. He doesn't have any white or gold specks under a flashlight. I check them both with a flashlight daily, lol. I can see it in his normal tank lighting, usually when he is swimming downwards for some reason o.0
The CT isn't acting differently but I can definitely tell that a few of the rays on his caudal fin are shorter than the rest. I think the lighter colored tips, although they look kind of white or clear, may actually be a very light blue. He's been marbling and changing colors on me all over the place! But the tips don't look wispy... I think it's just his coloring but I could be wrong.
Edit: my boyfriend is playing a game on my computer so I have to wait until he is done.
- Hey there. As soon as I can get to a computer I have a few picture I would like you to look at (better quality than my phone pictures, lol). My VTs strange lighter colored head and my CTs fins. Remember how the tips of his fins were lighter colored in that video? Now it looks to me like a few of his tail rays have been broke off :/
- They can have a slight infection that can go for a very long time before you notice anything is really wrong. That is possible he came in with it.
You might try treating your CT with epsoms and the parasite clear too just to see if it helps.. epsoms at least. I would doubt they have something different between the two of them but it's possible. Would seem too much of a coincidence not to be the same thing.
- I haven't fed him any bloodworms since he got sick.. I tried feeding my CT just one but he didn't eat it. Mostly because he was bloated. I don't know how he got the parasites but I sure hope I can get rid of them. Maybe my CT had some when I got him and I somehow got them into his tank? They can lay dormant, right?
- If it were me I'd toss the blood worms and not feed them anymore. That could have been the source, although it's really unlikely that the freeze drying processes wouldn't have killed it.. Aqueon and Omega One Pellets should have been fine. Those are too processed to contain parasites... it's a mystery. NLS will be good to prevent this from coming back at least with the garlic.
The conditioner switch should have been fine.
- I was using tetra betta safe and now I'm using Prime. I've never fed him live foods, but I did recently get Aqueon and Omega One pellets. I had the tetra Betta pellets before, and have had the bloodworms for awhile, too. He also has new silk plants and some new tank decorations... Like, brand new, fresh from the store, lol.
I got the NLS pellets after he got sick and now am only feeding those to him, but I keep trying different kinds with my CT to no avail.
- Temperature swings shouldn't cause parasite infections. There has to be a source of the parasites. Generally speaking, they tend to happen to people who feed live food.. do you feed any live or previously live food? It can be an opportunistic infection to stress but there had to be an initial introduction to the tank somehow.
Your CT could be suffering the same illness but showing different signs. Hard to say. Usually lethargic and won't eat I treat with Kanaplex which is an internal antibiotic but since you know the other guy has parasites maybe it's it too.
Good luck.. let me know how it goes..