Conversation Between Saphira101 and chicklette
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 42
- Sorry chicklette, I'll do my best to explain. The way I acclimate is I cup the Betta (the cup is half full of water) and float it in the tank. Every 15 minutes over the course of an hour, add a little more water, so that at the end of the hour the cup will be full. At the end of the hour, wait five minutes then net the Betta into the tank. I know others have a different way of doing this, but it's what works for me.
I hope this helps and isn't too confusing! ~Saphira
- I hope you can help me. The other day, I noticed that Jewel's water was quite warmer than usual. Her tank isn't in direct sunlight, doesn't have a heater. I haven't a clue why her tank was so much warmer than usual. This room only gets a few hours of sunlight in the morning. I live in a long term care facility, so the air temperature is almost always quite warm. I decided to do a 75% water change. I keep a large Tupperware container filled with tap water (I fill the container each week, so it can adjust to the air temperature, then I add the conditioner to the distilled water before putting it in her tank) I did this Wednesday morning, the water temperature is back to normal, and she seems to be back to her spunky self again. Did I do the right thing?
- Thanks, I named the thread my beta fish is so smart.
I wanted to add that Petsmart gets their small animals (birds and rodents) from places that keep their animals in conditions just like a puppy mill, but I didn't know if that would be allowed. I first learned about this abuse through a site on the internet. I didn't know if this was really true or not, so I asked a family member of mine (who works at Pet Value) she said it is true. I won't buy anything else from Petsmart until they stop doing business with these places, and if I come across this petition I saw on the internet, I'm signing it.
- Hi Chicklette, Congrats on teaching your fish tricks! All mine will do is jump.
I'll try to explain this as best I can.
So first, go to the main index. You'll see all the different areas you can post in. scroll down until you find "Betta chat", and click on it.
You'll be taken to a list of all the threads in this area. Right under these:
Remember to check the Betta fish care sticky first for quick answers to common questions!
"Adoption", buy, sell, and trade threads should only be located in the Betta Fish Classifieds forum. Please report any such threads you see outside this forum so that we can move them there.
you'll find a small button that looks like this:
Click it, and it'll allow you to make a new thread.
Hope this helps!! ~Saphira
- Hi Sapphire, I couldn't remember how to get to your page. I taught Jewel to follow a toothbrush, swim through a hoop, but I think her favorite is blowing kisses back to me. I wanted to post this, but I don't know how to start a new thread. I have looked under the faq page, typed in "how do you make a new thread" but that didn't help at all. Please let me know if I should post it, and how.