Conversation Between LittleBlueFishlets and AyalaCookiejar
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 24
- "Newbie" has been hiding and sleeping all day. He does move around occasionally, at least. (He hides under his heater, or in a rock shelter, or he floats on the surface in a silk plant.) And he DID come out when I dropped his food pellets in, so at least he's eating. I figure if he's interested in food, then it can't be all bad. He really looks like a wilted lettuce leaf though. He's all clamped up and pitiful looking. *Sigh* Poor little guy. Hope he adapts soon. (But at least I'm not freaking out today, like I was yesterday!).... How's the new heater?
- I really don't mind it that much... I think the room looks prettier with more than one tank, anyways :p I also like the look of bettas more than pretty much any other fish.. Especially my new betta! He's a beaut.. A little girly, though. He's got a lot of pink going on, lol. How manly xD
- Yeah they are! I've had two survive at least a year before I knew squat about caring for them, lol. I had one in elementary school for a year.. My cat killed him, so I never had to go through the sick dying betta phase. I've had other types of fish, but most of them have died within a week or two. I think that settles it. Bettas are the only fish for me :p
- I probably should have gotten adjustable heaters, especially since I now have three of them. But, oh well. LOL I'll look at the tails & colors sticky. I need to get some better pictures of him, too. Right now, he's still stressed out, so I'm trying to leave him alone as much as I can. (Although I do keep peeking over at him. LOL)
Glad to hear that your guy is taking the new heater in stride. I think they're pretty sturdy fish. (Which is a good thing!)
- Hey, have you looked at the Betta tails & colors sticky? It won't let me post links to your page.
I'm not sure if your new guy is a bi-color or what.. But you can always do what I did and post a thread with pictures asking what they think he is, haha xD
- I know what you mean! I spent 40 dollars on a new tank and joined this site to find out how to move my betta to his new tank... since then, I've spend over $200 on top of that!
I got a Hydor Theo 25watt.. Not many people here recommend any kind of heater that isn't adjustable, so of course, I made sure to get an adjustable. The Hydor and Elite heaters seem to be the favorites here. It hasn't finished heating the water yet, but so far it seems to be doing a mighty good job :) My little guy doesn't seem to be phased by it, either.. Just curious as to why there are new things in his tank.
- Yep, this site has LOTS of information and LOTS of really helpful people. Of course, I've now spent a small fortune on bettas and accessories because of it. LOL What type of heater did you get, and for what sized tank? Mine are all 7.5 to 8 watts, because I use the 3 gallon critter keepers. They're not adjustable, but they seem to keep the water temp pretty much at 78-79F.... If I ever need to raise the temp to fend off disease, I'll have to get a new one, I guess. But in the meantime, these work OK.
- I just got one of my heaters today. I decided to put it in my new fishes tank, since I haven't had him a week yet and my other fish has been at room temp for almost a year.. His heater should be here sometime this week. That might tell you how new I am to this site, haha! I've learned so much only being on here for a couple of weeks. I'm glad he's doing better! I'll check out your new pics :)
- OK, I think we're both done freaking out now. He's exhibiting more 'normal' new-fish behavior where he's not sure about anything. So I figure that's OK. I even took a few (blurry) pictures of him and started an album. ( I know he's a HM, but I don't know what to call his color pattern other than 'blue with red.')