- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
- My mom kinda gets on my case if I bring up shopping online. She already is looking at me weird cause I'm going "all out" for this fish >.<
I always do xD I've learned that with my cats. Take tons of pics and eventually you'll get a few non-blurry ones. xD
What's PWC? I'm holding off on tank mates till I know that he's healthy, have the tank fully set up, and have more money xD plus research into what I can actually add.
- Thanks for the reply. I would have PM you but I don't know how to on here.
I had been holding off on naming him because I wasn't sure if he was healthy. I was trying not to get too connected to him and be hurt by his loss. I lost my two dogs this year, only 2 months apart. But I was also waiting for him to settle in and his real personality to shine through.
Where I live a heater is definitely needed. The temp can fluctuate greatly day to day, plus we have long hard winters. Sadly my local pet store doesn't do any water testing, but they do have the strips.
At the moment I'm treating him for velvet in a 1g plastic tank, but I have a 5g that is/will be his regular home - and an even bigger one downstairs, not sure of it's size. If I plan to get more I'd split that one up between a few of them. I think I'll just use bigger smooth stones for the bottoms, easier to clean.
I'll eventually get more pics when he's healthy and the tank is finished :) He's a bit camera shy so it's tricky.
- I know how you feel, hang in there. We both know you can do it. Try not to let them bug you, it'll make them look bad and you feel great. Let's show the world that Aspergers isn't a thing to be ashamed of :) . I posted this on theta's message board and thought you need to read this as well.
- Yes I do love the quote. I learned I had Aspergers when I was a freshman at high school. Till then, my doctors told me I have ADD. ADD is a joke now because so many people have this ADD, which doctors just labeled the issue. This is what I think, if you disagree, please tell me why, I'm intrusted to know.
- I have aspergers too. It's nice to know that there are more people like me out on the internet. Especially in the forum! I love animals (I kinda have a thing against humans, actually ^^).
My dad has aspergers too, and sometimes we fight because we are quite similar. I moved in with my mom because he was just stressing me out too much. Now I have 6 cats inside, 5 cats outside, and 15 bettas. (All in heated and filtered tanks)
- Hey Blue , Broomating is what its called when are bearded dragons sleep in the colder months kinda like hybernation but not the exact same ;) Me and willow both gots dragons and other critters sides fishes lol my house is a exotics rescue hotline waiting to turn into a zoo one day
- About Bluewind
- I am an animal lover with a soft heart.
- In the hearts of all my friends and family
- Tending to my pets, walking, Skyrim, Simming, Kingdom Hearts, and Cooking
- To do my best every day
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
Tank 1: 25gal planted with 10-30i filter. Home to Kuhli Loaches & Female BettasTank 2 & 3: Snake habitats. The first houses Kenyan Sand Boa Crissy. The other houses Albino Sand Boa Lily
Other Pets: minpin (Sugar) and rat terrier (Missy)
What do I have in common with Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Alfred Hitchcock, Tim Page, & Daryl Hannah?
"Aspergers - it's not a symptom, it's a feature." Unknown
- It means your water is very soft. 0-4 very soft 4-8 soft 8-12 medium hard 12-18 fairly hard 18-30 hard 30+ very hard Do you have a water softener? 90% of people on here with numbers like...Liked On: 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Posted On: 02-13-2014, 10:21 PMWhat kind of water do you have hun? It would help if we knew the hardness and pH. And not all cichlids are agressive. Have you ever read up on Neo Brevis? Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 02-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Posted On: 02-13-2014, 03:16 AMfarleysmom liked post by Bluewind On thread : ok, hit me with some creative ideasIt's wonderful that you're getting back into the hobby! I hope it rekindles your love for it :D A 10 gallon gets a bad rap in my opinion. It's small and options are limited, but PWC are MUCH...Liked On: 01-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Posted On: 01-28-2014, 07:06 AMLaurenKK liked post by Bluewind On thread : ok, hit me with some creative ideasIt's wonderful that you're getting back into the hobby! I hope it rekindles your love for it :D A 10 gallon gets a bad rap in my opinion. It's small and options are limited, but PWC are MUCH...Liked On: 01-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Posted On: 01-28-2014, 07:06 AMaussieJJDude liked post by Bluewind On thread : Maintenance of 10 gal tank vs 5 galAgree with above plus this... 1. You can have better quality algae eaters in a 10 gallon meaning less work for you 2. You can grow plants easier with proper lighting and flourish very (which is...Liked On: 12-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Posted On: 12-26-2013, 01:57 AMwillow liked post by Bluewind On thread : Maintenance of 10 gal tank vs 5 galAll pros! lol XD I have had a 1 gal, a 10 and a 25 so I know the pros of bigger and smaller. Only con I can think of is you are more limited in the variety of fish you can have in the 10 than the...Liked On: 12-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Posted On: 12-26-2013, 04:20 AMWell, if you realy want to know how I (who is a she btw ;) ) chose my fish, I'll show you. 1st, water perimeters. My water is soft with 6.5-6.8pH. That rules out a lot of fish! 2nd, tank size....Liked On: 06-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Posted On: 05-31-2013, 06:44 PMYou never gave us your water perimeters hun. Would you mind? Cichlids are usually not beginner fish IMO unless your water chemistry is naturally suited to their needs. Anytime you have to alter...Liked On: 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Posted On: 05-31-2013, 03:14 PMByron liked post by Bluewind On thread : Petitions for new 'advanced' sub-forums: Come vote!Hey Byron! Thanks for the spoiler allet. And tell the others thanks for all their hard work for me. ;)Liked On: 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Posted On: 05-26-2013, 12:25 PM*I accadentally hit submit and then ran out of time to edit my last post 3. Plant foru should be split into beginner and advanced forums a) Beginner would have stickies on easy care plants,...Liked On: 05-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Posted On: 05-25-2013, 09:16 PMI think you're right DJ. Inverts and shrimp Should be combined. Your comment also got me to thinking about how else the forums could be adjusted so I did a few hours of looking to see what I would...Liked On: 05-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Posted On: 05-25-2013, 08:26 PMjentralala liked post by Bluewind On thread : Petitions for new 'advanced' sub-forums: Come vote!I love your idea for the newbie foum jent. I know on other forums I'm a member of, they require you to post in an interoduce yourself forum before you can post on the rest of the site. I wonder if...Liked On: 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Posted On: 05-22-2013, 12:32 PMredchigh liked post by Bluewind On thread : Petitions for new 'advanced' sub-forums: Come vote!I love your idea for the newbie foum jent. I know on other forums I'm a member of, they require you to post in an interoduce yourself forum before you can post on the rest of the site. I wonder if...Liked On: 05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Posted On: 05-22-2013, 12:32 PMjentralala liked post by Bluewind On thread : Need help choosing substrateThank you all for the information. Especially you Jent. It will make choosing a sand at PetSmart much easier. You too Red. From both my threads. I'll look up the one you sugested too and call the lfs...Liked On: 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Posted On: 05-21-2013, 12:20 PMjentralala liked post by Bluewind On thread : 2.5 gallon stockingI'm the exact opposite! I do more than I need to because I enjoy it! 20% 3x a week in my 10gal. Their tank stays cleaner than my bedroom! :lol: Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Posted On: 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.