- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 100
- Great to see you my Hallyx my friend. Yeah so many friends from Texas now lol Karen is awesome so much info shared. Yes we need a way, I'm working with a couple people now and in Spring I should be able to ship and receive new breeding stock from USA. I'm getting ready to do a spawn with the 2 best big betta we have so excited about that as well. Glad your here Ive seen some good posts.
- Well, Howdy, Stranger> Indeed it has been too long. How you doing, CJ? I hear you've been hanging out on the master breeder forum with --- oh dear, what's her name, top breeder from TX. Glad to see you're still around. I still long for one of your pineapple girls. We have to figure a way.
- Hi Bettadew! 1) prefer male larger than female. Helps get a good wrap. 2) I keep them next to each other for a week with a card in between and let them flare and show off to each other for an hour every day. Gets them in breed mode. Once male has a nest and female is excited to get in or has v stripes its time to roll. 3) I find 3-5 gallon platic containers work well. 80f with a few live plants and an IAL leaf works well for me water must be calm so sponge filter on low with top protruding from water. 4) Live plants are great. They help keep water params good and will provide some food for fry after they hatch via micro organisms.
- Hello There! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, busy schedule, but now I'm planing on restarting with my delightful hobby :) I have a couple of questions for you. I'm planning on starting to breed bettas, and I was just wondering, can you give me some tips on the crossing process? Tips like:
1- Female and male betta sizes
2- How long to keep them "seeing" each other and then placing the female together with the male
3- How big of a tank should I cross them in?
4- Are Bettas healthier with live plants or just fake plants?
I'm sorry, I know it's a lot of questions but I was hoping you could help me to start the breeding process. I'm just trying out for fun :) At the moment I only have one Betta in hand, but I'm going to buy a male and a female from petco and try it out from there. DO you have any tips for me?
Thank you so much for your time,
- About logisticsguy
- loves bettas
- Football, Fish,
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- 3 - 5
- logisticsguy liked post by alysalouise On thread : My Axolotl tankSo cool! Someone is selling aome babies local to me. Just hatched yesterday, they plan to sell them once they can eat blood worms. I'm planning to get a pair for my older brother for his birthday,...Liked On: 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Posted On: 03-05-2015, 10:18 AMlogisticsguy liked post by RussellTheShihTzu On thread : My Axolotl tankI always look forward to new photos of your Axolotl friends. You made my day!Liked On: 02-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Posted On: 02-02-2015, 08:20 PMThe chlorine does help. The small amount that comes from your tap won't hurt the fish. It works the same as Maroxy, which is a stabilized form of chlorine. I've dealt with more angels tore up in...Liked On: 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Posted On: 08-23-2014, 10:50 PMFree topical antiseptic included with your tap water.Liked On: 08-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Posted On: 08-23-2014, 01:44 PMlogisticsguy liked post by Romad On thread : My Axolotl tankLoving the "Lady and the Tramp" photo :thumbsup:Liked On: 07-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Posted On: 06-20-2014, 10:22 AMlogisticsguy liked post by Hallyx On thread : Cycling using dead fish?My first nitrogen cycle used rotting fish for ammonia. Had to wipe all the Saprolegnia mold off the filter, heater, etc. That tank stank for a year. Never again. TSS (or equivalent) is the only...Liked On: 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Posted On: 02-07-2014, 09:26 AMlogisticsguy liked post by dramaqueen On thread : Anti-rant ThreadOne more anti rant. I'm singing for the second time at my new church!!Liked On: 02-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Posted On: 02-21-2014, 10:11 PMlogisticsguy liked post by avraptorhal On thread : Siameese fighting fish?I'm beginning to feel like a broken record by always recommending sponge filters for Betta. But the fact remains that sponge filters are a optimum filter for Bettas. Sponge filters are great filters...Liked On: 02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Posted On: 02-08-2014, 02:13 PMlogisticsguy liked post by Admin_Yungster On thread : November 2013 Photo of the Month Contest ResultsCongratulations to November's Photo of the Month Contest winner, Indigo Betta! Indigo Betta (10 votes) http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/contests/11-2013-1384489241-162-43339-800.jpgLiked On: 12-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Posted On: 12-02-2013, 11:25 AMlogisticsguy liked post by DKRST On thread : ph problemShoot, I wish Byron still hung out here, he was always great with the fish advice. Well, I'll take a stab at it. First possible issue is the mollys - they can be fin nippers and may harass the...Liked On: 11-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2013, 05:15 PMlogisticsguy liked post by AbbeysDad On thread : Regular Partial Water ChangesSorry for my late arrival to the 'party'! Seems to me that hands down the simplest, easiest, cheapest, and best way to maintain high FRESH water quality in an aquarium is with routine weekly...Liked On: 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.