Conversation Between Sylverclaws and Chesh
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 26
- Part 2: I'll be putting my floating plants in there too. It's the -perfect- alternative, I hope, for a new tank since I cannot afford a 200+ gallon tank. lol Gebus, just buying one is several hundred-thousand dollars, another few hundred for a stand and all the equipment. But then pool=$20-$50 or so, and then the filters and stuff will be the money part. But hey, sounds like a great idea to me, so I'm giving it a shot. Perhaps I can put my pleco in there. lol Maybe. Keep algae down and it'll be roomy.
What do you think?
I'd send you a PM, but you're full. lol
- Hey you. Long time no chat. Bet you've been busy. =)
So I wanted to tell you, I can't hold my excitement about it and have to post it up, which I did...I'm starting a project, thanks to an idea someone gave me about turning a kiddy pool into a fish pool, or so I'm calling it.
We're going out today to find a nice sized kiddy pool, it'll be going in our basement instead of outside in our wacky weather...haven't figured out what I'll do for lighting yet though(almost, there's a desk in there I can use, it's a matter of plant friendly lights though, it'll be high enough to not heat the water, but will it work with plants? I'll figure it out unless someone gives me an idea lol). I'm gonna raise my kids in there. I'm hoping to find one that is a few hundred gallons at least, get an airstone or two and a couple sponge filters for it.
- Maybe I'll sneak a photo or two of the fuzzy heads in there between some fish photos...or maybe I'll nab one of Cooper sitting on top of the tank. lol Of course, only with me there, otherwise I'm afraid they'll get in, drink the water or even catch my fish, which ferrets have been known to do.
- Haha, love the ferret. lol Ah, aside from one hiccup, I've been having a good month so far. :3 Got some huge updates done for my thread too, it's gonna take you hours to read that one final post. xD Hope you're having a good month too! Enjoy the slowness, Holidays are coming. At least it's a tad slower online though. ~_^
- Thank you for the happy birthday. lol Yes! Last year for my birthday I got myself three frogs, and then my brother surprised me by bringing in two more. ^^; And then a betta, Mister President(may he rest in peace) was left on my table while I was out by a still unknown person...I thought it was my brother or uncle, never did find out. He died last January I believe, just when all heck broke loose in my tanks,a nd with my other pets(Boomer was still recovering from surgery, Leo got sick, parasite was in the tank and I couldn't find the right treatment). Right now I have my new endlers for the new tank. I actually moved things about and put proper numbers in my ten gallons, though I think I'm still one too many in the new, waiting for the female to drop so I can move her with less stress to the twenty gallon with her kids, the Yellow Jacket Endlers are looking good so far, one was "Flashing" and I added a bit of salt. No flashing today.
- Aww, Sylver! *hugs* You are so sweet!!!
I miss those calmer days, too!...it sometimes takes me a while, but I always catch up eventually, and I read every word! ^_^
It's hard to keep up with all my fave threads and do the mod job, too, but I'm very much around and online (even though I'm a ninja and you can't tell ;)) I've been watching those tanks of yours grow (and grow, and grow!) for over a year now - always looking forward to what the next chapter brings!
Happy birthday, if I forgot to say it before!!! ^__^ Wasn't it last year for your birthday that several people arbitrarily (and independently) decided to surprise you with ADF! Wasn't there a Betta thrown in there somewhere, too, lol! Too funny. . . at least you know they love you! >.<
I started a new journal ish ... thing the other day if you want to see. I'm afraid it's going to be terribly random, though, lol. Named it Worlds Behind Glass - it's in journals somewhere!