Conversation Between trakehner and bettalover2033
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
- So if I do that, btw my fave is the HM, I can them turn around and breed siblings of that spawn who show the best form and also show the color or color tendancies I am looking for? I have bred horses, I understand genetic and breeding like to like and improving the species but in horses you do not breed siblings though you can do a certain amount of line breeding.
- Purple is a really good goal. Not very many can take on such a project. The best way to start is to go with a show quality version of your favorite tail type. Mine was HMPK and I started with show quality HMPKs.
And fish when you have your show pair...let's say they are HMPK, the first thing you need to do is evaluate the pair. See the flaws and see what needs work. When you have that established and there are just minor flaws, buy the pair and breed them, then in F1, you need to evaluate the adult fry and then spawn either F1 to the original pair or just spawn the best finnage to a sibling. And so on.
- It's good that youve chosen to do your research first. If you haven't yet, I would suggest looki at www .bettysplendens. com because she has great info there. It's very important that you look to learn form first and then continue on to color.
Purple isn't impossible to create, but will definitely take some time and IMO, you should work on something simple and show quality. No pet store fish.
If you want to learn how to create purples, try asking Martinismommy here on the forum. She's created purple successfully.
- Thank you so much. Right now I am doing research and gathering supplies. I probably won't have my first spawn until winter. I am researching good form for hm and color genetics, mostly gas types but want to figure out purple too (I am sure I am one in a million there) so any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
- I wish I would have gotten to you earlier, but...
Hello and Welcome to the forum! My name is bettalover2033 i am also a betta breeder and I would like to say that if you need ANY kind of help, whether it be general betta fish care and needs or an betta breeding help, I am able to help you or at least point you in the correct direction. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
I hope you enjoy your stay at*Bettafish.com*as much as we do! Glad to see another betta keeper here with us.
P.S.If you would like to reply to this VS (Visitor Message) please go to my page and reply in the provided text box.