- User Lists
- Instant Messaging
- Send a Yahoo! message to marshallsea
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
- I discovered I have four babies instead of three and one of them is completely orange. I dubbed him/her Tang. One of the other ones looks blue. Babies are fun to watch! They were eating the flakes off of the gravel and they like to hang out among the lace ferns' roots. Regarding the mysterious white stuff, its white hair algae brought on by lighting issues.
- They arent showing any clear color yet, but if you look really close they have a faint yellowish hue. They are totally cute though and blend in with the gravel and have plenty of hiding spots. Im getting some more plants soon, anubias and ancharis maybe and a moss ball to compete with algae. I was gonna ask, have you ever heard or had a white algae that looks kind of like a cross between an inverted jellyfish and a flower? Its very tiny, sticks to everything and sways in the current.
- About marshallsea
- Marshall Seaver, 45 .
- Amateur astronomy, cool older cars
- Auto mechanic
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- marshallsea liked post by jentralala On thread : cycling new filter on established tank?I bought extra AC30 foam inserts and just cut a hole in one for the intake, to keep fish from swimming up the intake (darn loaches!), mainly because I'm cheapLiked On: 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Posted On: 03-19-2013, 12:32 PMmarshallsea liked post by Administrator On thread : February 2013 Photo of the Month Contest ResultsCongratulations to February's Photo of the Month Contest winner, Jakiebabie! Jakiebabie (14 votes) http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/contests/2-2013-1360209981-72-22965-800.jpgLiked On: 03-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Posted On: 03-03-2013, 06:50 PMmarshallsea liked post by Administrator On thread : December 2012 Photo of the Month Contest ResultsCongratulations to December's Photo of the Month Contest winner, Geomancer! Geomancer (8 votes) http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/contests/12-2012-1354802592-67-20514-800.jpgLiked On: 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Posted On: 01-01-2013, 06:01 AMmarshallsea liked post by Nilet699 On thread : Christmas tanksOk, well I hadn't done this but I was sat down waiting for my dinner just now, which is a good 75mins away and so I looked at the tree, then at the tank, and boom..."lightbulb" So this is my...Liked On: 12-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Posted On: 12-25-2012, 08:12 AMmarshallsea liked post by Nilet699 On thread : albino tiger help?This is the second thread of yours iv had to read unfortunately. In the first you blindly refused to listen and now it seems th same. Byron has pointed out to you already about the fish temperament...Liked On: 12-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Posted On: 12-24-2012, 01:38 PMmarshallsea liked post by fish monger On thread : albino tiger help?I believe that Petsmart offers a fish training course in conjunction with their puppy obedience classes. It is a strict regimen of food / treat based behavioral adjustment.Liked On: 12-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Posted On: 12-24-2012, 04:15 PMmarshallsea liked post by AK Fresh Water On thread : albino tiger help?Why did you ask for help if you were just going to ignore people's advice?Liked On: 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Posted On: 12-24-2012, 01:22 AMmarshallsea liked post by Canadian Fish On thread : Topless tanks???I went to a topless tank joint one time. I thought it was degrading to the tanks. Exploiting a vulnerable segment of aquariums. Seriously though, it must take a lot of top ups, I would assume the...Liked On: 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Posted On: 12-17-2012, 12:12 PMmarshallsea liked post by AbbeysDad On thread : FW Nitrification discovery--Archaea, not Bacteria"A rose by any other name"?Liked On: 12-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Posted On: 12-15-2012, 08:10 PMmarshallsea liked post by thekoimaiden On thread : Water question.Time for a quick lesson in chemistry! PH is on a scale of 1 to 14; the middle (7) is a neutral pH. Anything below 7 is acidic, and any value above 7 is basic. So a slightly acidic pH is usually one...Liked On: 12-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Posted On: 12-14-2012, 07:10 PMmarshallsea liked post by Thoth On thread : Water question.Yes, from what I remember. The yellow color was never as bright as the pictures on the internet but I believe it was because my gravel and tank was very bright.Liked On: 12-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Posted On: 12-15-2012, 12:07 PMmarshallsea liked post by Chris7 On thread : Sand question.I did something kind of close,I had a cycled 10 gallon gravel tank. and Bought a 35 gallon tank and transferred everything filter materiel included into the 35 with no fish to start. But had only a...Liked On: 12-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Posted On: 12-14-2012, 02:23 AMmarshallsea liked post by Canadian Fish On thread : my fish keep dying HELPI have no idea if this works, I have never tried it. It very well could.I am certainly no expert I would have thought the sponge would have to soak longer. I don't squeeze water out of an established...Liked On: 12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Posted On: 12-12-2012, 12:24 PMmarshallsea liked post by Jakiebabie On thread : my fish keep dying HELPSpidykat: We are all here to help. I am familiar with the ATM group and watch the show. But I'm not familiar with their brands. I AM familiar with Prime which you have and can use from single...Liked On: 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Posted On: 12-12-2012, 09:48 AMmarshallsea liked post by Nilet699 On thread : my fish keep dying HELPAfter spending an hour a time, twice a day doing water changes myself due to my own fault I can see why you don't want to :-) however you say it's because it's stressful for the fish.... but surely...Liked On: 12-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Posted On: 12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.