- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 29
- Hi... I have many questions lol...
What do you mean by cycle?
I have already invested all I can afford to and even more on this set up. It seems the water change you suggest are a lot if yuo mean to do all that weekly... I am baffeling the filter to reduce flow. I can n ot do so many water changes... that is why the filter... I dont think it can hurt...
- Thank you for your concern. :)
Unfortunately I don't have the male betta anymore. I do however have one guppie and one female betta. The betta sometimes chase the guppie but she ignores him. I also have the bottom feeder in there but he has never gotten out of hiding since I got him. It's like he doesn't like the LED light that's in the tank.
- thanks, i got a half moon from Petco on Saturday. He is a fiesty orange red with flourescent scales and some fin highlights. he flared when i put the cup next to other betta. since the water in the cup was clear and there were no droppings/food, i guessed it must be a new arrival, so i grabbed him. however, i thought he costs $4.99 and got a sticker shock when i checked out at the cashier. i was too embarrassed to say "i pass" and he gave me the "eye" so i complied and paid. i am thinking on following names: Flare, George, Gus...maybe stick with Fred, IDK...
- "...About disinfection, make sure you wash really well the clorine out. And you must know that there are lots of different bleaches out there. You must not use bleach with additives (many come mixed with detergent). So, make sure it a bleach like Clorox Regular.
...Since you already did it just make sure yo wash it well and i would completely submerge it in the clean water and upside down ...and when you dry it out keep it upside down to ensure no disinfection solution left."
Hi thanks, my 5g is in the midst of cycling when I took Fred out to a 2g QT. The QT tank was not cycled. Thanks for the info on bleach and how to clean it out.
I got 3 guppies in the 5g and they are doing great. But I miss my Fred's dog-like personality.
- thanks sunlight. i am looking into RCS for a change. I got some guppies and they are thriving in the old tank. But frankly, they do not have much "bond" with me as Fred did. They do have an amusing high-caffein" character which is amusing to observe.
So I will need another tank if and when I get another betta.
i disinfected the QT tank with 10% chlorine bath, the betta hammock, heater, etc.
- Thanks sunlight, I appreciate that. I do have another betta Kudo but he's in a 10 gallon tank and he's doing great. I've had him for almost a year now. I ended up disinfecting the other tank completely and selling it. Not sure exactly what happened with Spyro but I've been closely monitoring Kudo and ensuring it does not happen again.