- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
- Regarding the dragon scales, dragon type are just like others betta, breeding is the same. From my opinion, dragon are more pretty regarding coloration than the regulars ones and there is nothing wrong with their skin. If you come across a nice one in your lfst then go for it, you will not regret it.
You live in San Diego, nice place. I went there few months ago, visiting my uncle. I love go to the beach.
I live in the Modesto area, very far from the beach
My name is Meng and i am Laotien, what is your name ?
- First, the betta giants you found at petco are not real giants, the fish are just old, that is why their size are bigger and if they died then maybe it was their time to go.
Petco doesn't know. Real giant betta are around 3 inch when they are 5 and 6 months then get bigger size when they turn to adult.
I think we should make a petition and send to Petco to change the way they are selling few of their items.
Someone like me, because i am a breeder, i will know if it is a real giant or not, but someone like you, you wouldn't know. Whoever supply those fishes to petco got the wrong informations and petco sell that fish to the wrong price, high price beside, the price should be the same like a normal plakat.
- I think we have threads going on both your page and mine. That'll resolve itself eventually.
You're just the person I'd like to ask this question too. I notice more and more dragonscales showing up on the forum, as well as at my LFS. I'm not used to their appearance, and I'm not sure I care for it. Sometimes it looks like some sort of skin condition.
I know everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and that fads come and go. Your HM dragons are stunning, BTW, but mostly because of the finnage, IMHO.
Are they any more difficult to breed than normal-skin Betta? Are they any more or less robust? Do those scales offer any more protection (as in fighting), or is it just an appearance thing?
- Giants---or Kings, as Petco calls them. Found two totally different beauties last Tuesday. Couldn't decide; bought them both, plus a feisty little halfmoon for my spouse.
Damn Petco. The largest king and the HM died of ammonia before I could get them in their tanks the next morning. The other king is surviving with what looks like parasites. He may have been damaged by the ammonia. I'll know after I get him over this parasite problem.
What I really want is a 6in Northern Pike or a foot-long Muskellunge. Whatever is close to that is what I'll treasure. The biggest, meanest, most aggressive, finger-chomping, bug-killing, Betta will do, thank you.
Spent half my life in San Diego. Loved it; miss it terribly. Stuck in the forest of So. OR for now. Could be worse.
From the description of your operation, I assume you live in one of the warmer areas of CA. And I know enough not to ask where.
- Let just say that i am around. I am a breeder and want to stay private. I don't allow strangers to come to my breeding farm for safety purpose. If one show up then more will come and i dont like that idea. Even my relatives are not allow to see my farm because they will bring their friends over. The only people who can come to my farm are my retailers, they are the ones who i supply my fish and it is normal that if they want to see my products then it is their right and i ask them to show me their licence or store permit.
I use to sell my fishes in aquabid but not anymore.
I'm really sorry but visiting my farm is not possible but we can still be friends. It is not about the money but about trusts. Maybe if i know you more then maybe one day you will get a chance to see it :).