Conversation Between gossipgirl1031 and dramaqueen
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
- I'm sure the bettas wound up in a much better home with you than the original owner. And then the fact they lied about it after coming back-not right. I currently have 16, but some are pending adoption (babies-until they are older & stronger). I only will adopt locally as of right now & so far it's only been to people I know.
- I have 12 bettas. I've been keeping them for 7 years now. Two different neighbors got bettas but 1 didn't want to take care of hers so, after getting my own I ended up keeping hers after she went on vacation and left him with me. She came vack and never took him home. Then she lied to several people, saying I didn't want to give him up.
- I love reading too! Even my textbooks (yes, I'm that nerd). And I'm just learning to crochet. I find it relaxing as opposed to all of my other very physical hobbies. I can only do simple chains to make blankets so far. Really interested in learning other styles.
How many bettas & how long have you been keeping them?
- Thank you :) It's hard, requires a lot of discipline, takes up a lot of time & money. But it's so worth it! I've never lost in competition in my division. I compete on the adult circuit and have qualified to go to a national competition twice. Finances always fall short on that since you have to pay not only all of your expenses, but all of your coaches as well.
What are some of your other hobbies?
- Thanks! It's a lot of fun, but super hard on the joints. At 29, I've been suffering from moderate osteoarthritis for almost 16 years. I didn't start ice skating until I was 24 & began competing at 26. I hold 5 titles and it will be hard to pass on them this year. No time unfortunately to devote to training 5-6 days a week, plus dance and keep my grades up with school. Ironically, I can't roller skate or roller blade. I'm used to being able to turn on a dime with just that small amount of metal on the blade ;)