Conversation Between Zappity and Myates
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 45
- It is quite common in VTs to have a bent dorsal fin.. their fins can get a little curly. There is nothing you can do to reverse it, and it won't hinder him in any way having it. I have one that has a curly dorsal, curled over completely on top. After the last 6 months of clean water it hasn't gotten any better, but hasn't gotten any worse. It can be genetics or from poor water quality. I wouldn't let it stop you from getting him though- if you love him, then get him and name him Crispin, an English name meaning curly (hair). :)
- Hi Myates :)
I saw a beautiful purple (yes, actually a real purple) VT at Petco the other day. I want to get him, but the only think holding me back is that his dorsal fin is bent almost in half. Could this be fixed with some clean water and maybe AQ salt? Or is it not fixable?
Thank you :)
- Yeah..I probably overdosed a little..heh, I'm not used to Stress Coat yet :P I changed it...I wanna say Thursday night. Should I just put in tap water, since there's already stress coat in there? OR should I do a 100%?
Probably...ten times? I don't really remember, but I did it quite a few times.
He seems fine today :) He's happy and swimming around. Maybe he was just nervous with people *cough* Grandma *cough* stomping through the room.
- In order to overdose on really any water conditioner is to put enough in for say, 50 gallons in a 5 gallon tank. How long had it been since you have changed the water in the tank?
I would go ahead and if it wasn't yesterday then to do a 50% water change to see if that helps him.. how many times did you remove water from the cup and add in tank water when adjusting to be out of the salt?
- Is it parasites? :/ I'm worried..I feel like I did something wrong. I acclimated him back the way you told me to, the only thing I did different was I gave him some frozen brine shrimp when I let him out. Or maybe I put too much Stress coat...would that be it?
- I let him out..he was so happy! But then after a little while he started acting kind of strange. He would hide in his cave, on the bottom (which he never does) and then he'd start swimming really fast all around and kind of like spastic, jerky movements and then he'd go back to laying in his cave. What's happening? I got him a TON of new silk plants, cause I figured he was scared, he seems to like them, but he still has the jerky movements.
- Hi Myates! :)
I was just wondering, can I let Mr. Bubbles back into his tank now? He seems really upset in his cup and has become pale (he always gets pale when he's stressed). I've done a 100% change on his tank since he's been cupped, and removed the plants since they were kind of decaying. I'm going to try and get him a sponge filter soon, too.
Let me know :) thanks!!