- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
- Yeah, the i7 pretty much blows through anything ive thrown at it. Even the mobile version I have in my laptop is quite a beast. I was thinking the x2 would be good enough for him. If I get the black edition I can just bump the multiplier for a little more speed to help him along. I think the most he wants to game is minecraft, and maybe some starwars game. Also possible to unlock two hidden cores...but I would only leave that if it tested stable in prime95 for 24+ hours
- Well each CPU deserves credit in their own right. Intel is definitely top dog and any AMD fanboy that says other wise has his head in the sand. I just like the thought of having an AMD "platform". I don't know if you know too much about the Spider, Dragon, and Leo platform AMD was pushing on. But the i7 is a no joke CPU. Esp with Hyper Threading. As far as a build for your brother, if hes going to be doing more gaming than encoding, a quadcore is perfect. The 3.2Ghz Phenom II is only $120 and can be clocked to 3.8Ghz on aftermarket air cooling.
- PT 2 - I used to have SO much legacy hardware laying around that I just ended up donating it. Right now I just have an old P4 engineering sample, a socket 478 mobo and 4GB of DDR 400mhz ram. I also got 3 Lian Li PC60 cases that I got at a PC recycling place for $15ea. I'm taking the best parts of the 3 and modding my GF a case.
As far as the cable management, I'm kind of OCD when it comes to that. I'm a zip tie ninja lol. But those are just single sleeve extensions.
Sorry I wrote a book. ;)
- Not so much software. Here's why.. I had a passion for web and graphic design. I started college as a web design major and could type HTML/ CSS almost as fast as I could type regular words. (All self taught with library books.) They wanted me to take Vis Bas.net and I hated it. So I kind of lost the taste for any type of coding. I really love the hardware aspect of it though. Especially overclocking and running benchmarks. After buying my GF a lot of "goodies" (DSLR camera, iMac, etc) she finally let me get this. I tend to go for AMD systems cause I root for the underdog and like to show what they can do. (I've had this one up to 4.4Ghz non-stable benchmark only.)
- That is absolutely beautiful. I really like how good of a job you did with the cable management. Currently I do not have a desktop to really be proud of as far as looks go, but I do have a crap ton of computers that make there way into my home on a regular basis and they either become file servers, or just Frankenstein monstrosities that become someones computer xD I currently have a job that involves computers though, and I absolutely love working with them and anything tech related. In a few months I will be getting some parts to make my current desktop a little more show worthy since right now I have a core i7 beast sitting in a case from 2005 xD Are you into the software aspect of computers as well?
- About Smokey65662
- Addicted to betta fish
- Computers, and collecting fishies
- Computer tech
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- New Member