- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 315
- Not sure if you'd be able to help me, but yesterday I went to my local pet store to get a new Betta since one of mine passed away last weekend. While I was there I noticed a female that had a big tummy. I bought her because she's really pretty. Come to find out she is preggo. Any thoughts on what I could do??
- Hi sorry to bother you, but have just posted on a thread in the Betta section and it is called. Emergency case: Please help me. And from the description and image I am concerned it could be Tuberculosis. I have no experience with it, but if that is the case the poster needs to be careful. So just hoping perhaps you could take a look and advise the best course of action. I could be totally wrong.
- About Olympia
- Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world!
- Kingston, Ontario
- hmmm I like hiking, fishkeeping, and concerts!
- Organic Agriculture Student
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- 3 - 5
round here we talk just like lions, but we sacrifice like lambs....
- I never saw you had a turtle... Well you really shouldn't put anything with the turtle. If your turtle is a male, he's going to need a 75 gallon tank when he grows up... a female turtle will need a...Liked On: 08-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Posted On: 08-24-2014, 10:31 AMWith a 55, you could house 4 fancy goldfish, no other fish. It doesn't sound like much, but they fill the tank and definitely fall under the category of fish with a lot of personality. My goldies all...Liked On: 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Posted On: 08-24-2014, 09:34 AMSeaHorse liked post by Olympia On thread : 10 gallon planted stocking suggestionsI would suggest a betta personally. Travelling back and forth between school and home with holidays and such, betta are definitely tough nuts and will be able to handle that a lot better than most...Liked On: 08-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Posted On: 08-07-2014, 01:09 PMFlint liked post by Olympia On thread : would this be pushing it?It's not really important what you like, it's the other person's tank. If they like a fish and it can be kept in the tank properly then it doesn't matter if you like them or not..Liked On: 08-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Posted On: 08-07-2014, 10:34 AMSeaHorse liked post by Olympia On thread : Rant: The Goldfish StereotypeI agree. .. no point advocating for one fish's care by throwing a different fish under the bus. I've spent several hundred on goldfish care, but even a proper betta set up will run $50-$100 which is...Liked On: 08-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Posted On: 08-01-2014, 10:53 AMhuckleberry77 liked post by Olympia On thread : What gives fish their bright colors?Agree with Mikaila. Also fish stores aren't too ideal, so they could likely be stressed in store and colour up considerably once they are comfortable.Liked On: 07-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Posted On: 07-30-2014, 09:09 AMFlint liked post by Olympia On thread : Help with disease/murders... :(Nets are scary! :lol: After you take them back, I'd suggest you leave the tank lights off for two days (if you have live plants they'll be fine). The darkness will help your remaining fish calm down...Liked On: 07-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Posted On: 07-27-2014, 01:57 PMjaysee liked post by Olympia On thread : 10 gallon tank with single female swordtailBig fish tend to need more room. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2014, 04:24 PMjaysee liked post by Olympia On thread : Bekah's (way more than) $15 investment (finally!!!)Barbs have a bad rep haha but a lot of species are sweethearts.Liked On: 02-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Posted On: 02-24-2014, 03:10 PMjaysee liked post by Olympia On thread : hi - Plant BeginnerI would recommend reading these threads as a start if you haven't already. There is a lot to say when it comes to growing plants, but in practice it is pretty easy. ...Liked On: 02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Posted On: 02-10-2014, 02:10 PMwillow liked post by Olympia On thread : What fish can make a home in my tank?If you can find a dwarf puffer he could live in there. :) They are a little harder to keep (need live snails to eat) but if you don't mind the challenge and want something new they work. :DLiked On: 02-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Posted On: 02-07-2014, 08:19 AMSeaHorse liked post by Olympia On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?A lot of people feed grocery store shrimp to larger fish though. Unless it's left to rot I don't see how it would be bad? I would stick to just dry foods though. As someone who feeds fresh food to...Liked On: 02-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Posted On: 02-04-2014, 09:14 AMMore of the same photos, but showing how they have changed hehe. Paisley: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g324/worldlyaffections/DSC08794_zps72702699.jpg...Liked On: 02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Posted On: 02-03-2014, 07:44 PMChesh liked post by Olympia On thread : Goldfish pics :DMore of the same photos, but showing how they have changed hehe. Paisley: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g324/worldlyaffections/DSC08794_zps72702699.jpg...Liked On: 02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Posted On: 02-03-2014, 07:44 PMThank you all. Hehe. Over the summer I am thinking about setting up a 40 gallon for a trio of tosakin from Fish Sempai. I just found out they ship door to door now. I am hoping that I could get...Liked On: 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Posted On: 02-03-2014, 06:35 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.