- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
- Help! There seems to be little white thins in my tank. They almost look like tiny tiny tadpoles. My fish is eating them!! Yikes, I did add the new plants recently. Are they hitch hikers? They seem to hang on the front of the aquarium by their small tail. Are they possiblibly some kind of worm?
- It should fit, yes. Its a tubular bulb (not the spiral ones like CFL) so it should fit. 10w will presumably fit, considering you have 15w in there right now :) Look at the hood or the fixture. It will say no more than xx watts and may say "tubular bulbs only".
I forget what exactly "K" means (brain fart!) but when a light is 5500-6500K, its agood range for plant growth :) "daylight" bulbs, usually around the 6500K mark, are what you need.
- It is, its very pretty :) They sell java ferns in Petsmart in the Top Fin tubes. If you bought your peacock fern from there but cant find them at the store, call the manager and request they hold one for you when they get more stock.
If you can, switch out that light for a fluorescent light. Incandescent doesnt grow plants well :( Try the bulbs in Walmart's pet section called "Lights of America", 10w, 6500K and only usually $5-6 :)
- How do I know my young Betta is healthy and happy. I see small bubbles coming up from the gravel in the new aquarium. Is that normal? He seems to be swimming all around exploring. I just hope I prepared everything properly. those little bubbles coming up from the gravel and on the plants worry me. Would love some advice I have been reading lots of info on this site, I even made a baffle for my filter. Thanks everyone!
- Welcome dsgems.....start a new thread with your questions....click on the section you want to talk about and in the left hand corner you will see a button "new thread" click this...it will bring up a new window....make a title and in the big box write you question or comment..then hit post message button under the box.....
Again welcome and enjoy your stay...