- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 348
- Yea sure. I will send you a friend request, I actually consider you one of the best knowledgeable person around and similar views to myself. Not trying to say I am knowledgeable or anything. lol, even now I am still learning things from other members like yourself, and do retain some of that info and have been able to use it to help others.
- Hallyx, I was copying your numbers from a cycling thread I saw ages ago!!! I just did one betta producing 0.05 ppm of ammonia a day, and did the math from there, not taking into account water volume or anything... It was mostly just for dramatic effect XD
Thanks for the reply tip XD
- Oh, I figured since a lot of people here have several fish/pets they belong to other forums as well. I see... The membership aspect does make sense.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll just use excerpts from my references in the future.
And thanks. I think it was either you or another mod who welcomed me some time ago. I love this place. It's a great place to chill online plus the site's layout is quite nice. :)
- Oh, I deeply apologize. I keep seeing links posted offsite to ebay, tumblr, etc. I had no idea that posting links to other threads is a no-go.
I will refrain from this behavior in the future and thank you for informing me. Are we perhaps allowed to quote the source where we get our info from and just copy/paste excerpts?
- Just to let you know, our Marinland Eclipse Hex5 is fully cycled now. It took two weeks of no W/C's, our betta (Stormy), Prime and TSS. So, a fish-in cycle does work, but only as stated by those that have done it........."if it's done right" and we done it right!
I just think that people shouldn't be discouraged to do the "fish-in" cycling if done with their fish, TSS or QuickStart. I was given great advice, took it and it worked for us.
- About Hallyx
- Old fart and proud of it.
- Fungus corners
- Bicycling, weight-lifting and Betta
- Specialist in eclectic endeavor
- jaysee liked post by Hallyx On thread : The Overstock ProjectWhen a tank is cycling, the bacteria grow first and fastest where they are exposed to the most nutrients in the shortest time. That's not necessarilly the optimum distribution. There are other...Liked On: 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Posted On: 03-28-2014, 07:35 AMcarlos puron liked post by Hallyx On thread : stocking questionHehehee.... get used to it. It's what fishkeeping is all about. "I don't keep fish. I keep water. Water keeps fish." ~~Mr Vampire, young Betta breederLiked On: 03-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Posted On: 03-23-2014, 12:32 PMundertheseagirl01 liked post by Hallyx On thread : Kordon's AmQuel Plus good?Both Prime and Amquel Plus use sodium thiosulfate to break chloramine into chlorine and ammonia. They both then eliminate the chlorine and bind the ammonia (using the same chemical, I think). ...Liked On: 03-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Posted On: 03-20-2014, 07:30 AMrsskylight04 liked post by Hallyx On thread : Water level spikes in my tank? High levels of AmmoniaThis sounds like the same problem that Carlos Puron had. If you can find his thread, you can learn a lot from it.Liked On: 03-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Posted On: 03-21-2014, 02:38 PMsprmankalel liked post by Hallyx On thread : If you only had to choose 2...After all that, you've chosen what I think is the best alternative. If you're going to replace them every 6-months, get the cheapest you can. I find they'll go a year before a noticeable decline in...Liked On: 03-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Posted On: 03-19-2014, 09:31 AMFlear liked post by Hallyx On thread : Ridiculous lfs advice!You know how finicky and pedantic I can be, so.... All animals have hormones. They stay in the body and regulate systems. All animals produce pheromones and alimones. These are broadcast into...Liked On: 03-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Posted On: 03-15-2014, 06:46 AMRO stands for Reverse Osmosis which removes all impurities and minerals from the sourcewater. You then need to replace the minerals that have been removed and adjust the hardness and pH to your...Liked On: 03-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 06:56 PMThanks for the great lessons. We all learned things.Liked On: 03-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Posted On: 03-10-2014, 03:58 AMcarlos puron liked post by Hallyx On thread : If patience is the challenge… well, challenge accepted!Thanks for the great lessons. We all learned things.Liked On: 03-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Posted On: 03-10-2014, 03:58 AMrsskylight04 liked post by Hallyx On thread : If patience is the challenge… well, challenge accepted!Thanks for the great lessons. We all learned things.Liked On: 03-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Posted On: 03-10-2014, 03:58 AMSometimes I look into the test-tubes from the top/end with lighting from the side. Turn them and look on angles. Eventually you'll just know what color is right. And, to be honest, it's not that...Liked On: 03-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Posted On: 03-10-2014, 04:30 AMrsskylight04 liked post by Hallyx On thread : tank "spiking"The simplistic equation is set-up to handle only one variable at a time. The rate of increase applies to several variables at once, each to a different degree. So, while it may be quantifiable, it...Liked On: 03-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Posted On: 03-06-2014, 04:25 AMAgent13 liked post by Hallyx On thread : tank "spiking"You're right, Bob, that isn't voodoo mathematics. That's non-sequitur math. You have two unquantifiable terms in your so-called equation. So it's not mathematics, it's sociology or --heaven...Liked On: 03-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 08:02 PMFishyFishy89 liked post by Hallyx On thread : tank "spiking"You're right, Bob, that isn't voodoo mathematics. That's non-sequitur math. You have two unquantifiable terms in your so-called equation. So it's not mathematics, it's sociology or --heaven...Liked On: 03-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 08:02 PMHave him pick up a small bottle of Tetra Safestart while he's there. Your kids shouldn't have to wait more than a week for you to put fish in your tank. Alternately, with TSS, you can immediately...Liked On: 03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Posted On: 03-04-2014, 06:44 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.