- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 424
- Nothing at the moment (although my dad has a terra trike recumbent that I use sometimes) My old road bike broke down, currently saving for a new bike, haven't made up my mind as to what type. Planning a statewide bike trip this summer, so preferably something that's good for lots of hills and long distances.
- Wow thank you! :D
I have wondered if I should make a album but have not come around to it yet. The camera used for all my photos is my iphone 5s camera, I am glad they come out satisfactory. I may enter the photo contest also :D
thank you again for your lovely coment ^_^
- I really couldn't tell you knowing that speed. Google chrome works well for me. When I look at the analytics on my websites, I can tell you that 90% of people use IE, 5% google chrome, and the rest is android, apple, and firefox is like .6 %. I switch off between chrome and IE because some sites don't work well with one or the other.
- Thank you, that was his aquabid photo. He actually arrived VASTLY changed, and continues to change. He went from red, black, white, and cello to an almost solid steel blue, but now he is getting quite a lot of red wash in his fins, and he's now decided to develop a cello butterfly band around his fins. He keeps things interesting.
- About Hallyx
- Old fart and proud of it.
- Fungus corners
- Bicycling, weight-lifting and Betta
- Specialist in eclectic endeavor
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- 3 - 5
- Hallyx liked post by pop On thread : Forum ConductHello Moderators: It is so unpleasant to read punitive style threats. There was a time when leaders led by example (using manners and being polite) but that was before we learn to threaten fellow...Liked On: 02-18-2015, 05:13 AM
Posted On: 02-15-2015, 06:47 AMHallyx liked post by Tolak On thread : Using Ammo-Lock and Bacteria SupplementsThis is the 3rd site I'm posting this on in 3 weeks, should just load it onto my site for future reference; A mature colony of nitrifying bacteria is capable of doubling in 18-20 hours. As...Liked On: 01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Posted On: 01-03-2015, 07:34 PMHallyx liked post by Kim On thread : To Gravel or to go bareBare bottom is sooooo much easier to keep clean! I silicone a single layer of gravel or sand onto the tank bottom and this seems to make the fish feel safer while still providing the benefits of bare...Liked On: 01-03-2015, 08:43 AM
Posted On: 12-27-2014, 07:47 AMHallyx liked post by corina savin On thread : PH changes with plants and lighting questionsIt is recommended to change the bulbs every 9-12 months. I changed mine after 18 months and noticed a difference in plant's growth. As for the pH, it is important when (what time in the day) you...Liked On: 10-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Posted On: 10-02-2014, 12:04 PMHallyx liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : Tips for growing brilliant show fish.Each to their own. My fish love their ammonia, chlorine, hydroxide, and lead laced tap water. I also don't feel confident in my tap waters ability to give me brain damage. I get all my nutrients...Liked On: 10-12-2014, 05:34 AM
Posted On: 10-06-2014, 11:02 AMHallyx liked post by Tolak On thread : nitrosomonas reproductionYes, and it also explains why it often takes so long to cycle a tank. You may be starting with bacteria in the 10's or 100's, working your way towards millions. You'd better have a backup...Liked On: 09-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Posted On: 09-03-2014, 03:34 AMHallyx liked post by shellieca On thread : Cycling Questions: Using Dr.Tim's aquatic ammonia, biozyme and seeding etc.personally I give it a few days of consistent zeroing out before I consider a tank cycled. Your nitrAtes should also spike around the time ammonia/nitrites zero out so you will probably have to do a...Liked On: 06-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Posted On: 06-26-2014, 02:28 PMHallyx liked post by tezi On thread : Cycling Questions: Using Dr.Tim's aquatic ammonia, biozyme and seeding etc.Hi, I'm pretty new to this myself too - but, I have the experience of trying to cycle a tank with food and shrimp and failing myself. (The readings never went over 0.5ppm). I think you'll have a...Liked On: 06-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Posted On: 06-21-2014, 11:04 AMHallyx liked post by pop On thread : Fishless cycle- Ammonia is over 8 PPM!!!Hello Friends: After reading the opinions expressed in this thread I must add you all make cycling a difficult process. Itís Scary I say Scary son, I guess the reason it is so hard is due to the...Liked On: 05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Posted On: 05-19-2014, 11:33 AMHallyx liked post by Juggernaut122 On thread : Fishless cycle- Ammonia is over 8 PPM!!!When I did a fishless cycle of my 10 gallon tank, I just added some fish food and when the ammonia level went to 8 I added a bottle of the nitrifying (sp?) bacteria I bought from Petsmart and the...Liked On: 05-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Posted On: 05-03-2014, 05:22 PMHallyx liked post by RSVBiffer On thread : Kh and Nitrifying BacteriaNitrifying bacteria are affected by pH rather than alkalinity. For a cycling tank though (or even a mature tank) your KH is too low as it will allow pH swings and cycling tends to drop the pH and you...Liked On: 05-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Posted On: 04-17-2014, 12:34 PMHallyx liked post by RSVBiffer On thread : Filter Cartridges in Cheap FiltersAgree entirely, and I suspect that the pot scrubbers are actually able to hold less bacteria than the sponge due to the surface area available. Flint, think you should also bear in mind that you...Liked On: 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Posted On: 04-30-2014, 02:17 PMHallyx liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : Changing From Bottled Spring Water With High Nitrate to Tap Water With High pHNeed to know KH and GH of current tap water. pH really does not tell you anything. Your tap water may be fine to use without changing anything but you need to know much more the pH. pH isn't as...Liked On: 05-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Posted On: 05-02-2014, 07:22 PMHallyx liked post by Tolak On thread : Tap Water Or Stored Water?Wow this topic got busy after I mentioned my hose!Liked On: 05-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Posted On: 05-01-2014, 06:10 PMHallyx liked post by sprmankalel On thread : Tap Water Or Stored Water?So you see that there are many ways to do water changes. Mostly it really doesn't matter how you do it as long as you're doing it to provide the best environment for your fish. Posted via Mobile...Liked On: 05-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Posted On: 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.