Conversation Between Hallyx and Paolo Osorio
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
- Yeah Ik, I feel like if I had an Olympic trainer I could get a 200+ lb clean and jerk easy, but I have no experience so I'm tryin to figure it out by myself. It's getting the momentum going at the beginning and pullin yourself under the bar that are hardest for me, the jerk is easy. And man, this is the craziest case of ich I've ever seen, it's extremely hard to kill.
- C&J's and all that Olympic/dynamic stuff is 50% technique, balance and timing. Always good to keep your coordination up; strength-training can get you clumsy. Yeah, strength goes away fast. It also comes back fast, at least for me. Mass lasts. You are very savvy about drugs. Good on ya.
- That's nuts! I tried clean and jerks today for the first time today, but it was quite pitiful. Lol. I did 155. That was heaviest I got. And MAN, I feel soooooooo weak right now!!! Its amazing how quickly u lose strength. I did my back today and it was torture. Ima b sore tmrw man. And yeah that's ONE of the reasons i would never take steroids, cuz they only strengthen muscle tissue and not connective tissue. My biggest objection is because THAT strength isn't "real", it's cheating. Once you stop using em you shrink right back down.
- Yeah, you're right, real "strength" is over-rated unless you compete. It's not all that useful in real life once a practical minimum is reached.
My brother is a serious strength lifter, (1500lb machine squat...geez). Many people think he's fat, but he's around 15% bodyfat at 215lbs.
He knows connective-tissue and joints take longer to toughen up than muscle.
- Yeah I really don't care about ACTUALLY being that strong, I jus wanna LOOK strong. Haha. I put on weight crazy fast though, so that's cool. Thing is so much of it is fat tissue that I burn it right off when I stop lifting and eating 5,000 calories a day. I'd be happy with a body weight bench, tho I'd like a 400 squat and 500 deadlift. That's a long way off for me though. At least five years, if ever. I've got naturally big and strong traps tho, so I can shrug 100 lb dumbbells easily, which is pretty decent for my age. My gym doesn't have bigger ones, but when I start lifting again ill start using a barbell for shrugs.
- Cool. I was taught to alternate size training with strength --- a month or two at a time. Or alternate programs. That's what I did a couple of years ago when I was young. Bodyweight and a half for squats, a little more for deads and bodyweight for bench is strong enough for me.
Watch yourself while you're still growing. Joints require care and attention. That's why I do reps now. My heavy days are over. Of course, you're going for size. Reps is you.
- Haha nice. Halfmoons. I'm young though, 16. I have an awesome orange dalmatian betta pair that I'm going to breed in a week or two as soon as they recover from ich. As far as the bodybuilding goes, I'm light right now. About 167 lbs. I have a trip planned for phillidelphia in February though and there's a girl my friend is gonna introduce me to so I'm gonna get up to 185-190 before then(I was recently 177 but then stopped lifting for a month). I'm just puttin on size for now since I'm young, in a little bit ill start workin on strength. I'm not real strong, like a 250 squat and dead lift and 180 bench. I should be able to hit 350 on squat and deadlift within a year though and maybe 240 bench. I love to beat on the heavy and speed bags tho, and I got a nasty right hook.