Conversation Between Punki and Oldfishlady
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 21
- Okay, ill put a 2g tank in the 10g tank so they dont share water but stay warm, Yes, my largest is half an inch long, fat and nicknamed miss piggy for her aggressive fat self :)) Everyday there is a new developement in the fry tank, new fins, dots of color, funny behaviors :)
- lol I guess i just expected them to all get along for the first month at least, if i had a big spawn number id just let what happened happen but with only 8 id like to keep them all. Ive decided to just float a gladware bowl with some holes in it in their tank and keep the two smallest ones in that. Hopefully they catch up and i can put them all in growout together then seperate again as needed. Ty :)
- Just wondering, do fry make themselves a pecking order? The last 2 days ive noticed one by one them nipping at each other, they creep up, nip, and run. Ive got a couple of runts so this worries me, they could technically be hurt/eaten by the largest fry. They hit 3 weeks old today.
- Yes, i ended up using plants from the canal that id quarantined, they like to hide in the duckweed roots mostely, theres a few that dont have round bellies but hopefully they figure it out soon, inforsia and nematodes so far, about 40 fry still alive and going :)
- I seem to have some nematodes that hitchhiked in on plants, white, super thin worms that move like snakes, and ive caught a couple of fry with them sticking out of their mouths, they gobble them down. Googling i see that fry do like these worms, and they all have little white tummies, well most do, so hard to see them so small. :)) i have pictures on my breed thread if youd like to see.
- Hi again OFL :) Just double checking but betta fry that are eating lots of inforsia have big white bellies right? I have quite a few plants and even 2 cultures of inforsia ive been putting in just because theres a few smaller fry but majority have white full bellies and i can only assume thats the right color for inforsia :))
- Okay thank you ill check it out right now :) I think ive actually got my dad interested, he had a betta in a small bowl at some point before i ever even bothered but mine are making him want another :)) Very relaxing, and he needs that. He asked if id ever breed mine but i think my boys a bit too old for such a thing, especially by the time i felt comfortable and confident with that. Maybe i can help him get a fish and HE can take that 10 gallon instead XD