Conversation Between masshiimarro and DarkMoon17
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
- hermmmmm, it does say will not hurt plants, but it doesnt say anything about snails. i did the first dose this morning, and he started pooping white stuff only a few hours after that. this time it wasnt as... healthy?like it wasnt as wholesome as it looked originally, assuming the parasite is dead? hes still pooping.. been pooping the whole day.. 0_o
- lolol aww.. well ive got me my meds. im wondering if i should treat the other two too, just in case, since they are all living in the same tank, and treat the the whole tank instead.. would the API general cure damage any other livestock, such as plants or snails?
- Lol silly fish! I've been not so lucky in the past. If mine jump out of their QT 100% of the time they end up in someone else's territory -.- every single time...
Well that's good news. Anchor worms are hard to kill. They will shed slime coat if they are stressed though. It happens when they are overcompensating when fighting an illness. Too much Aquarium Salt can do it too. It should go away once you get the internal parasites under control. Extra water changes will help too.
- No im sure they arent anchor worms. They are probably just slime coat.. Omg last night he jumped out of his qt cup. Luckily he jumpes into his side of thetank i was keeping him in :0 lol he jumped out and immediately made a dive into a hidey hole in his deco, aa if to say i dont wanna go back!! :<
- It could be shedding slime coat. I can't say for sure without seeing it though. It doesn't look like anchor worms right? Try doing a large water change to see if that helps. Also, do a daily 50-100% water change while treating him with API. Make it a simple amount so you can easily redose the medication. I find it is easiest to premix it in dechlorinated water. Fill a jug with 5 cups of water and add the amount of medication that would treat 10 gallons (usually 1 packet but sometimes it is a double dose so 2 packets. It will say on the box). Use 1/2cup of the mixture to treat each gallon of water.
- he moves to fast to get a good pic basically what im seeing from the fins are that they have whitish threadish substance at the ends of them. does this happen when they shed slime coat? it seems like hes shedding slime coat, cuz i see jellyish particles in the water and sometimes sloughing off of him too..? its just wierd.
also, how long is treatment for with API?
- hmm.... okay. but the wierd thing is that his fins have started to disenegrate at the edges.. most visible on his pectorals and top fin. any ideas as to why? the edges are a bit white, and almost seem.... fuzzy? i cant really tell if its fuzzy or not, since the affected area is small, but should i be worried?