- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 41
- Hi, thank you for your consideration and your helps. They are very useful. It is very amazing to me you like aquarium! because in my country usually men like aquarium and women don't reluctant to that. If you have Facebook page I will be happy to be friend with you and share our experiences
- Wow, where do I begin. They need to go brackish, but once you realize how limited you are with any type of fish in brackish, and how expensive water changes get, most go full marine with these guys. That's what I've done. You can add SW fish (with caution) while they are young, and things should be okay, but never completely safe. GSP's have lots of personality. Do as much research as you can. They aren't for everyone. I like mine, and I'm not going to rid of him, but so far, I've added yellow tail damels and things seem fine. Dwarf puffer would be much easier and less expensive. I've now not only upgraded to a 75 gallon to house this GSP though his life (they get 6") but bought live rock, and a protein skimmer. Thank God for Craigslist :)
- Congrats on the baby boy! What is his name? How exciting. I'm using the one you recommended, Elite sponge filter, running with an airpump. Working out okay. Makes a bit of a bubbling noise, which I'm trying to minimize :)
The plants are doing well, so far. Duckweed and frogbit grow well. I'm always thinning out duckweed in my tanks. The anachris and floating pennywort, doing fine too. It's only been a week, but I don't see signs of the plants dying.
- GwenInNM, Sorry for the delayed response. Wife gave birth to our baby boy the day you posted so had the week off (forgot how much work a little one was lol) Please keep me posted on how the plants do with that LED, you might have some issues with the stem plants, seems like a lot of floating plants for that small surface area. I would love some duckweed but can't find it anywhere around here. What kind of filter did you decide on for your shrimp?
- Thanks thinking about me. We just drove home last night, from a few days in Phoenix. Our 12 year old daughter is having a great time in Northern CA, where she is visiting a friend that moved there about a year ago. My rams and Cardinals are doing great. They've laid 2 batches of eggs, but they never make it. They eat them after about 2 days, and they don't look fertilized to me, so we'll see how it goes over time. I really like them, they are my favorite fish. My other tank is doing good too. How about you? Happy New Year! I hope it's a fantastic one for you.
- About GwenInNM
- Animal lover, new to aquarium hobby, work full time, have a 12 year old daughter and husband
- running, hiking, travel, eating out
- School Counselor
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- GwenInNM liked post by Chesh On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?Let us know how it goes when you get back in there! I really hope you are able to help those fish out, somehow. . . I found myself in a similar situation last year in my daughter's kindergarten...Liked On: 12-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Posted On: 12-30-2013, 05:19 PMGwenInNM liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?I would tell them the same thing you just told us, with special emphasis on the part about no one WANTS to be cruel.Liked On: 12-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2013, 03:48 AMGwenInNM liked post by henningc On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?Ask them if they would allow you to maintain the tank. Be responsable for it and teach whoever is doing it now what to do.Liked On: 12-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2013, 01:40 AMGwenInNM liked post by squishylittlefishies On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?That is a good idea. I have a few pesky snails in my fish tank that hitchhiker on a plant.mi can bring those in:) Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 12-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Posted On: 12-07-2013, 01:38 PMGwenInNM liked post by rexpepper651 On thread : thoughts on this idea?here is how to ship live fish! :) How To Package Live Fish Ready For Shipping-Postage - YouTubeLiked On: 12-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2013, 06:05 PMGwenInNM liked post by Flint On thread : thoughts on this idea?I volunteered for a LFS that did tank maintenance on the side. I will warn you that most tanks done by maintenance companies ARE, in fact, overly stocked. People generally don't like to look at...Liked On: 11-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Posted On: 11-13-2013, 07:49 AMGwenInNM liked post by AquariumKeeper On thread : High Nitrates please helpI didn't actually mean cook the rock. I just put it in rubber made containers with new salt water for about 48 hours then tested the nitrates. Everything checked out ok. So all rock is back in my...Liked On: 09-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Posted On: 09-11-2013, 01:02 PMGwenInNM liked post by Chesh On thread : Glass surfing kuhlis...In my experience, Kuhli just go bonkers sometimes - especially when they're in a new environment, just after a water change, or if the weather is doing weird things. Some people think it's a stress...Liked On: 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Posted On: 09-07-2013, 10:07 PMGwenInNM liked post by candymancan On thread : New tank less than a week old, weird algae?That isn't hair algae I don't think.. Is the tank cloudy ? That stuff is the just from the cycle process its actually just bacteria building up (a good sign).. It will go away in 2-4 weeks. Just do...Liked On: 09-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Posted On: 09-01-2013, 02:16 AMGwenInNM liked post by Romad On thread : mopani woodI had the same experience with Mopani. Even though I boiled the heck out of it before I used it, it grew a fuzzy white fungus after about a week in the tank. After reading that it could potentially...Liked On: 08-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Posted On: 08-27-2013, 05:27 AMGwenInNM liked post by JDM On thread : mopani woodDitto, boiled and boiled and still had it appear. Definitely fungus. I dropped in some tiger snails and they made short work of it. Either it hasn't ever come back or the snails clean it up before...Liked On: 08-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Posted On: 08-31-2013, 07:02 PMGwenInNM liked post by SeaHorse On thread : My 75 gallon SW reefWOW!! Whatever you are doing... you are doing it right!! Awesome tank!!Liked On: 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Posted On: 07-16-2013, 05:07 PMOh I'm sure it has to be. I didn't realize how much I would love with fish when I got him. I was lazy with his name. Our female betta's name was Minaj. My stepdaughter named her. I liked that.Liked On: 07-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Posted On: 07-15-2013, 02:23 AMI'm only in day 4 so no new updates other than the exciting lil critters i find when I actually have the time to look lol. I'll def post as i go along tho :)Liked On: 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Posted On: 07-14-2013, 05:16 AMGwenInNM liked post by NewFishFiend On thread : HELP with constant high nitratesOh I use my old tank water to water my tomatoes!!! great minds think alike :)Liked On: 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Posted On: 07-12-2013, 08:01 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.