- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 40
- Hi, thank you for your consideration and your helps. They are very useful. It is very amazing to me you like aquarium! because in my country usually men like aquarium and women don't reluctant to that. If you have Facebook page I will be happy to be friend with you and share our experiences
- Wow, where do I begin. They need to go brackish, but once you realize how limited you are with any type of fish in brackish, and how expensive water changes get, most go full marine with these guys. That's what I've done. You can add SW fish (with caution) while they are young, and things should be okay, but never completely safe. GSP's have lots of personality. Do as much research as you can. They aren't for everyone. I like mine, and I'm not going to rid of him, but so far, I've added yellow tail damels and things seem fine. Dwarf puffer would be much easier and less expensive. I've now not only upgraded to a 75 gallon to house this GSP though his life (they get 6") but bought live rock, and a protein skimmer. Thank God for Craigslist :)
- Congrats on the baby boy! What is his name? How exciting. I'm using the one you recommended, Elite sponge filter, running with an airpump. Working out okay. Makes a bit of a bubbling noise, which I'm trying to minimize :)
The plants are doing well, so far. Duckweed and frogbit grow well. I'm always thinning out duckweed in my tanks. The anachris and floating pennywort, doing fine too. It's only been a week, but I don't see signs of the plants dying.
- GwenInNM, Sorry for the delayed response. Wife gave birth to our baby boy the day you posted so had the week off (forgot how much work a little one was lol) Please keep me posted on how the plants do with that LED, you might have some issues with the stem plants, seems like a lot of floating plants for that small surface area. I would love some duckweed but can't find it anywhere around here. What kind of filter did you decide on for your shrimp?
- Thanks thinking about me. We just drove home last night, from a few days in Phoenix. Our 12 year old daughter is having a great time in Northern CA, where she is visiting a friend that moved there about a year ago. My rams and Cardinals are doing great. They've laid 2 batches of eggs, but they never make it. They eat them after about 2 days, and they don't look fertilized to me, so we'll see how it goes over time. I really like them, they are my favorite fish. My other tank is doing good too. How about you? Happy New Year! I hope it's a fantastic one for you.
- Glad to hear all your fish are doing great! The cherry shrimp tank sounds awesome! I had wanted to do one myself... might down the road. Right now I have my 29g how I want it exactly with full stock and fully planted. My 15g currently has a small cichlid in it, it was a pitty purchase, as at the time the tank was empty and the little guy looked like he needed a better home. Its just him in the tank. I am hoping to find him a new home in the new year. Havent decided what to do with the 15g after that. I might break it down and wait to do anything with it, as we plan to move next fall, and moving the 29g tank will be all the fun I can handle! LOL
- About GwenInNM
- Animal lover, new to aquarium hobby, work full time, have a 12 year old daughter and husband
- running, hiking, travel, eating out
- School Counselor
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- Just an update....so far so good...adding flourish comp + potassium, trace, and iron. Since substrate us older, mixed fert pellets throughout. Just started phosgaurd as well in a new...Liked On: 06-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Posted On: 06-15-2013, 12:07 PMOk...sounds good...had looked at a few sites suggesting the use of potassium phosphate for this type of algae. It's solely this type...I have very little else present...a bit on my rocks and...Liked On: 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Posted On: 06-12-2013, 09:03 AMGwenInNM liked post by BarbH On thread : Just some fish picsHere are some pictures that I took the other night, close to about 60 pictures and here are what I felt were the best. Still working on trying to get my settings set on the camera to what I feel...Liked On: 05-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Posted On: 05-25-2013, 08:52 PMGwenInNM liked post by Big Dogs Little Pigs On thread : buying Mandarin Dragonette question??**happy dance** for you and adonis!!! some day........Liked On: 04-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Posted On: 04-18-2013, 01:47 PMGwenInNM liked post by wake49 On thread : buying Mandarin Dragonette question??Absolutely love these fish! I had one in my 150 and named him "Fez" :-DLiked On: 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Posted On: 04-17-2013, 07:05 AMGwenInNM liked post by Byron On thread : Significant characin discoveryA new species of miniature characin, Erythrocharax altipinnis NETTO-FERRERIA et al, 2012, is described in the January 2013 issue of PLOS-One. Photo attached. The article is available free online...Liked On: 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Posted On: 03-05-2013, 03:38 PMGwenInNM liked post by Reefing Madness On thread : Tank picture with coralsYou like Frogspawn don't you http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s411/TheReefingMadness/Emoticons/thumbs_up_smiley-11_zps06b0df49.gifLiked On: 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Posted On: 03-05-2013, 08:27 AMGwenInNM liked post by nawilson89 On thread : Look what I'm getting!Local reef clubs are amazing. I found mine online, purely by accident! I met a guy there and bought a boat load of live rock from his 72gallon tank for extremely cheap! Maybe ask your LFS if...Liked On: 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Posted On: 02-11-2013, 06:00 PMGwenInNM liked post by Reefing Madness On thread : My new Oscallaris clownfish with GSPhttp://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/15crewdawg/happy_dance.gif We preach that Damsels are not a good fish to have. Now you know why.Liked On: 02-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Posted On: 02-03-2013, 09:29 PMGwenInNM liked post by DjBootleg On thread : Ghost Shrimp: The Treasure Is Mine, All Mine! lolLol caught her eating on the treasure decor thought I'd snap a pic... http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm268/DjBootleg813/IMAG0255.jpgLiked On: 11-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Posted On: 11-24-2012, 11:09 PMGwenInNM liked post by Boredomb On thread : Puffer tank..So I get my new puffers tomorrow!! There will be there when the store opens at 1!Liked On: 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Posted On: 11-15-2012, 02:05 PMGwenInNM liked post by bigehugedome On thread : I got some corals!!!Nice! Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2012, 11:15 PMGwenInNM liked post by Reefing Madness On thread : I got some corals!!!http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/mKBy09/Emoticons%20and%20GIFs/thumbs_up_smiley-11.gifLiked On: 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2012, 07:41 PMGwenInNM liked post by evanlundberg4 On thread : I got some corals!!!Those are really neat. I like those trumpet corals. Posted via Mobile DeviceLiked On: 11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Posted On: 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.