Conversation Between badxgillen and AWESOME AQUARIUMS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 12
- hey havnt talked to yah for a while....finaly got a little frag rack mounted on a magnet in dales reef tank....now i am trading for differnt ricordia colors and fragging them....so far so good except i pretty much have to trade 3 of my frags for one of his....but all well...
- do you still have some of the kelp? and how is the lil oscar doing?...................................my veil tail is awfully lonely in that 75 gal all alone.. did you talk to your sister about him yet?? i will give him a great home and she could still see him anytime she wants...
- i would do live brine but i am lazy and pressed for time...i use frozen shrimps...as far as temperment is concernd i have had the acan sting but have not had it stung itself...in dales aquarium one did come in contact with a bubble tip anemone and it got burnt bad...
- That sounds like they actually grow fairly fast! Sps grow so slowly but i love the colorations! Since this acan is very valuable every polyp counts! Besides, i haven't ever seen one with such wonderful coloration!! I was lucky to snag this specimen and i probably will use it as a base colony and do a few frags to sell.... It will be so cool to get this colony to cover my live rock in all my salties...it is semi-aggressive- do you know more about combatability with anemonies and other corals with acans? Do they have a special dislike to anything in particular? Is your brine shrimp frozen or live? How about the mysis? Talka soon,cindy
- Hello! Acan is doing very well! I'm hopefully splitting up the colony for frags this week. My mom just came home from spinal surgery on friday so i'm hoping to get it done in between caring for her.thanks for the info about sawing up the colony... I have done that for sps and it works well.. I have also used a dremel drill, it works well but takes a bit o control. Sheetmetal shears work too- it is a concern for me to get in between the polyps without damage to the rest of the colony... Do you have an estimate on growing time? Per polyp est? I have studied it in several of my coral books but more experiences would be nice.. Sometimes different people have different experiences so all info is great! Thanks and i hope you're doing fine.