Thank you for checking up on me, I actually came on here to post a thread. One of my fish's fin rot appears to be getting worse, and I feel like I have done everything right, so I am a bit baffled at the moment.
Yes it began with holes in his tail, and ended with what i thought was cotton fungus...His ventral fin (and dorsal just a little) was infected, and his tail...I treated him with bactopur, and it was better, then the day before yesterday i bought him a filter, and catappa leaves and something called Easy-life Voogle (it says that it is a fish life saver :)) So removed bactopur after finishing treatment, and changed water, put filter in, one catappa leaf and Voogle, and he is great now, fungus is not coming back anymore...:) Just his fins look like ripped now, but i hope it will heal too in time...:) What do you think about this? I saw some posts that reminded me of my case, but never determined if it was a slime coat, or fungus or something else..So i'm not sure either :)
I went to a local pet store today to see what I could use to get rid of this ammonia. The guy at the store told me that you can't get rid of it. He said the best thing to do is a 50% water change. After I told him it was a 2.5 gallon tank, 1 fish, fed 3 or 4 pellets every other day, he was very surprised to hear the reading was as high as 1 (which is very high). I asked him if the ammonia could be in my tap water, he said ammonia is toxic to humans to. I use tap water to brush my teeth and take my meds. He assured me it wasn't in my tap water.
I took this sample Thursday morning. Ivory hasn't acted any differently than he usually does. I'm sure it was a false reading. If the ammonia really was that high, he would be very sick, or floating by now.
I still am glad that I moved. When I was at the home, I spent most of my time in bed, now, I am up most all day, so my energy feels drained, that will hopefully change in another month. All 3 fish are doing well. Mazda and Zoom-Zoom arebbeginning to recognize me, and since I've had Ivory moved into my living room, he is happier (getting more attention). I still think he is a bit bloated. Someone from the forum suggested to feed him mosquito larvae found outside. I'm wondering if I could just give him the freezedried bloodworm twice a week. I'm going to ask her. How r u doing?