Conversation Between ANHEL123 and scoobie
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 27
- Is there any way you can keep him in a smaller tank that you can maintain a stable temperature? Usually with problem like that its better to keep them in low water level with less water movements. I don't remember how big is the tank?
How much water changes you been doing?
How many pellets you give him at once?
Do not give him dried blood worms. Did you ever tried frozen blood worms?
Is he pooping regularly? Did you see his poo at all? Make sure its not white , stringy to rule out internal infection.
- I need some help again....
My Betta acts like he has swim bladder. Everytime he eats he ends up on his side at the top of the tank. Then after a few hours he goes back to normal. He does this everytime he is fed. I didn't feed him for 3 days and he still continues the same thing when I feed him. I went from flakes to pellits and he does the same thing. His fins look droopy like he's not feeling well. He stays at the bottom of the tank and I have to tap the tank to make him move at times. He's in the tank with 3 guppies. What should I do?
- sorry i don't know how to attached photos i don't post pictures . But i am sure the forum people will help you if you ask . If you see anything strange on the fish i would quarintine it so in case it something contagious.
Let me know if you need any help. I don't know about guppies but i can help on betta care:)
- hello there stranger....well guess what now....The red growth appeared yesterday on my guppy and is larger today. Is the a male or female???? I was told it was a male. MY female died in august when she gave birth, I found her the next morning dead and it looked like the other guppies or betta attacked her. I keep getting an error when I try to attach photos
- scoobie i asked someone to help you SenaHansler , i gave her the link with your post where you put the pictures. But yes i really think new separate thread is better so more people can see it.
Also yes dried bw only about 3 times a week as a snack. Better frozen one. And i think he refusing pellets either because he don't like the pellets you offering him or just because you was feeding with other food , especially blood worms daily that is the reason he is refusing pellets. It always a problem if you introduce betta to the bw first then they will refuse pellets. So you really need to teach him to eat the pellets.
- I still get confused on this website. I will try to make a new thread and I do need all the help I can get with these Guppies. Did you see the pics? Do they look pregnant to you? I did get the link thank you very much very imformative. As far as the Betta and the Guppies 3 months and no problems. I put them in at the same time. I feed them The Betta Min Tropical Medley and I also give the Betta 1 or 2 freeze dried blood worms food twice a day. I didn't know it caused constipation. I will stop that immediately. I do have the pellets but he won't eat them.
- Hey i just saw your post about pregnant guppies , i would make new thread so people can give you advice. I am not experienced in this but i don't want you to end up with many fishy and don't know what to do . Also i am not sure how betta go with guppies. So definitely make new thread. Please let me know if you need help . I do know a few people on this forum who can give you advice if you need it:)
- I already send you that link . Let me know if you didn't get it. I think i just deleted my sent message, but i am pretty sure i sent it to you:)
How long you have him two weeks or two month? You forgot to write :)
Also make sure you feed him pellets because just a freeze dried worms is not enough for his diet. He needs good quality food like New Life Spectrum Betta Formula; Omega One betta buffet pellets. Also if you can buy frozen blood worms he will really appreciate it. Frozen dried blood worms you should use only as a snack 2-3 times a week , as they cause constipation, so be careful don't overfeed.
If you get frozen food make sure it not sinking to the bottom and contaminate the water. Let me know and i will give you the link with the instructions how to feed with a frozen food.