hi angela, if i didn't know any better, i'd say i've been having morning sickness for 8 days now. i feel like i have the flu, but i feel good for most of the day.
honey is getting really cuddly. she's definetly my girl. when she sees me come out of the shower in the morning, she comes over, meowing. she wants lots of pets, especially in the morning. when i come home after being out for a couple hours, i check her food dish to see if she's eaten. its always as i left it, the food is level. after honey knows i'm home, and not going out again, only then will she eat. she must be part dog. she still hasn't noticed ivory yet. take care.
I went to a local pet store today to see what I could use to get rid of this ammonia. The guy at the store told me that you can't get rid of it. He said the best thing to do is a 50% water change. After I told him it was a 2.5 gallon tank, 1 fish, fed 3 or 4 pellets every other day, he was very surprised to hear the reading was as high as 1 (which is very high). I asked him if the ammonia could be in my tap water, he said ammonia is toxic to humans to. I use tap water to brush my teeth and take my meds. He assured me it wasn't in my tap water.
I took this sample Thursday morning. Ivory hasn't acted any differently than he usually does. I'm sure it was a false reading. If the ammonia really was that high, he would be very sick, or floating by now.