Conversation Between callistra and AyalaCookiejar
Showing Visitor Messages 81 to 88 of 88
- Thanks! I actually had increased his temp a little but its gotten so cold outside that its gone back down to 78. I think the room temp is now in the lower 60s. I also suspect that he may have been stressed when I initially put the heater in his tank, but at least I got it before it got really cold. I'm thinking that it may be what caused him to get sick? That or when I switched conditioners or to the 5 gallon tank. My CT wont eat now and is slightly lethargic which is completely opposite of him, haha.
- Honestly, I would just stick with the parasite clear then. If you can't get anything else you got to use what you have, right? I think the face and everything else you're describing is a stress response to a pretty heavy internal parasite infection. Sometimes they can get secondary bacterial infections but since the parasite clear saw such a rapid turn around it would seem that may be all that's wrong. Hopefully, 2-3 weeks on this will be all needs. Just make sure to treat this + epsoms a week past when all seems clear and the poop returns to normal.
- His face is getting lighter as well for some reason. I don't know if its anything to worry about but it does look off to me... I just woke him up and he had some vertical stripes? They got a lot less noticeable after a couple minutes, though. He just seems like he's sorta twitchy and moving around quickly. His buoyancy is now a bit better than this morning but its still not normal. I had to work from 11:30 -8 today and was helping my mom wrap presents until about 11 so I just had time to check on him and could not remedicate him this morning because I didn't have enough time. At this point, I'm quite willing to try almost anything but I don't have many places available locally to purchase medication so the Parasite Clear is all I have. Also no place is open anymore because of Christmas, obviously...
- It's hard to judge which of the 4 meds were successful. Metro and Prazi are the two gentlest ingredients but they're not effective on everything. Honestly, I was pretty impressed with the quickness the med you used produced results. So if you don't want to use it's going to be an exercise in experimenting and patience
- If you feel the med is too strong you could choose a med with just some of the medications. General Cure has just two of the four. There are some with just three of the four. I've seen people use that med okay for weeks at a time, but I do understand about being concerned since it is a heavy hitter.
- You need to keep at full dose. If you cut the dose it might also breed a resistant strain because the strongest strands may not be effected by it and continue to grow until the drug is totally ineffective on the infection.
If you know your cycle is toast and he doesn't have any tank mates in the 5 gallon then you can go ahead and treat in the 5 gallon, if you want to. Or you can just ignore it for a month and things should die off naturally with no host in that time.
- Hey you were right. DaBaDees buoyancy problems have come back already :/ is it a bad idea to use the medication at a dose that's slightly less than the recommended dose after the symptoms disappear? I know that Parasite Clear has like 4 different medications in it... Also, should I put a little in the 5 gallon to help kill it even though I'll be treating him in the one gallon? Any progress I made cycling it has already been ruined, so..