Conversation Between Lion Mom and shinybetta
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 34
- Ok - thanks for the info. As always!!! :)
So do I feed them flakes (Ocean Nutrition Formula two) twice a day PLUS the algae tab? Or just one feeding of the flakes & then the tab?
Don't know how many babies, but when I read your question, I went over to the tank and counted an even dozen easily. So I'm thinking more, maybe?
- I would still feed the algea tabs, these crayfish need more plant matter then meat, and most flakes are meat based. I would put the algea tabs and a few flakes. Maybe crush the algea tab up a bit so there are lots of pieces for the babies. How many babies do you think you have? Oh, and they usually don't overfeed themselves, but any leftover food would foul the water. I feed them a lot, but the corydoras eat the leftovers. And anyway, these guys are scavengers, so they are used to not always stuffing themselves
- I have a feeding question, if you don't mind.
Both Ms. Marbles & the kids have eaten flake today. Should I just give them two feedings of flake (morning & night) and not feed the algae tab? Or should I continue to give an algae tab? Can they be overfed like bettas?
Thanks much! :)
- Thank you, thank you (Lion Mom takes a bow) - LOL!!!
Well, some of the guppies were hangin' by the entrance to Ms. Marbles cave & she was facing them. I felt sorry for her so moved the fish to other tanks. Within 15 minutes she was out & about - even WITH the tank light on!!!! :)
Also, I put some flake in late afternoon & saw her eat - YIPPEE!!!!
Oh - I am SO excited so be a "Grandma" again!!!! LOL!
OH - a 30 gal. cray tank sounds AWESOME!! Pics, pics - I NEED pics!!! :)
Thank you SO much for all your help - I would have been beside myself with worry without it!
- Nice job on the babies! They will spend a lot of time on or by their mother. Mine enjoy sitting under my driftwood with only their feelers out, and if they feel something they grab it! Also, today I am setting up a 30 gallon for my crays so I can get a colony going, I just need to buy some PVC pipe!