- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 71 to 80 of 108
- About 3 months ago, one of my my trophy-winning show males Dead Sunlight (super black melano HMPK which accounts for his lacy blackish fins, I bred him too) won 1st for an IBC competition for "best maintained strain" and "best color/finnage"... Afterwards one lady commented on how you should never underestimate the power of young people :)
I think you should introduce your son to the wonders of the betta world. If you have a spawn in progress, show him what an embrace REALLY looks like, he will surely be amazed.
- The reason why a lot of people haven't been encountering the same problem is because admittingly Indonesia isn't the best when it comes to water quality in comparison to the States or other countries... If possible, try to obtain water through natural sources (rice paddies, just be sure that the areas where rice is being grown isn't sprayed by a pesticide or some other substance) and then you can biofilter it to rid of the water of "all manner of wicked beasties..."
My cousin doesn't have an account on here, but I can try to find his store's number so maybe that you can visit it. He specilizes in all manner of oriental fish breeding. Also, it doesn't cost that much to open a store in Indo, when I have to return back to the States either I'll close shop or if he wants to, he can run it as well...
- tomorrow is a happy day for me
Tomorrow or Saturday I'm gonna begin spawning logs in the breeding section for my 4 spawns... Conditioning ends tomorrow woo woo
Also tomorrow ive thought that its time to buy a pair to breed (yeah! 515 bettas baby!) O: instead of using some of my current bettas. Getting a new melano pair tommorow, and yes, once quarintine is done and they have settled, spawn number five will be in progress! Plan to get at least 100 more nice specimens, about 20 from each spawn.
O: is there a fish farm or other store that might take your bettas? I get rid of mine through aquabid, friends, a breeder, and i literally supply this one store's ENTIRE betta supply.might wanna look up places in your area. ive seen your bettas, very nice fish indeed! of course theres aquabid, but that might prove to be an issue due to mailing
- I come from a long line of oriental betta breeders, most of my family in Indo are involved in the oriental fish breeding business. I'm gonna open up a little betta shop in Jakarta for the time I'm gonna be in Indo. He and I both breed oriental bettas, discus, and koi. And yeah, he might have meant Borneo or Sumatra.
I'm a girl, though almost everyone I have ever met had thought for some time that I was a boy. I certainly dress the part. All my clothes
are tees and half of them portray some sort of connection to fish or the IBC, like today I was wearing my DRAGON SCALES shirt with a HM on the back.
I just counted my bettas, ALL of them. Grand total: 513 (Adults and juveniles, they are about 6 months old), 241 adults and 272 juveniles, which is also the reason why I wanted to spawn again, 6 months flies by so quickly. Out of those 241 adults, Only 13 of them I obtained through Aquabid or breeders (I got a very nice black PK from my cousin), not through my own spawns.
- I am planning to visit Indo and Siam next summer, my cousin is going to take me to an oriental spawning farm in Siam, in Indo he's gonna teach me how to catch wild bettas...
Lord, I have no idea how many bettas I have anymore, I'm a PK lover, i prefer them over long-finned for some reason, and I just started getting in Giants as of a year ago... I think I have about 20 adult PK giants, mixed sexes, and I have coppers, pineapples, oh, and one of my favorite males, SUPER RED FULLMASKED PLATINUM OHM PK GIANT(which better yet i spawned myself), hmm i have alot of white marbles, lot of orange golds, and fancy blue pacific. (JUST my PK's giants.. I have like over 200 adult bettas, heaven knows how many fry i got) i cant recall other colors but im sure i have more... I hardly shop for fish now, haha, thanks females! :D
I have like almost no halmoons anymore, thanks to Aquabid
I would like to hear about your bettas. Are you interested in other fish? bettas and discus are my life.
- Yep, if I have enough time I will start up a 30 gal. soroity, hmm, I'm thinking of doing international sales on these girls, I have too many, haha. Maybe put something up on Aquabid.
Just recently got a shipment from Siam of HMPK Giants, nice spawning pair. Gonna go thanksgiving shopping cause in the US we are getting amazing sales, so yeah im gonna be in fish stores spending all my money :)
The females, fullmasked dragons, i got actually from two different spawns. One was a melano pair and the other Mustard Gases. gonna enter one of the best males in an IBC competition coming up soon.
fun talking to you! if you are doing international selling, i wanna hear more! :D
- I know, huh? Miss being on here, after a dropsey epidemic I drifted away from bettas a bit but now I hope to be welcoming 2012 with a 20 gal. fully planted and glasscats n a new male.
and im thinking of setting up a soroity, from my last spawn about a year ago i got a bunch of beautiful girls, full-masked dragons :)
look forward to hearing about your spawning logs, plus its cool that your Indo like me :D
- About indjo
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience