- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 611 to 620 of 1197
- Hello OFL! :)
I've got a question on red wash and butterfly bettas. My turquoise Halfmoon has red wash on his anal fins and a little on his ventral fins. I've been wanting to breed him with another turquoise/steel-blue/royal blue female with no red wash. Is it possible for the fry to have no red wash?
About the Butterfly question, how do I get a butterfly fry(blue) out of a spawn? Do I have to need a Butterfly male(Halfmoon) breed with a normal royal blue/steel blue/turquoise female? OR should I breed a Blue Halfmoon male with a Opaque White or Platinum female?
Thank You! :)
- I don't use CO2...not needed with my type of planted tanks, most plants will be fine without CO2 injected...with CO2 you also have to have higher lights...added ferts-I don't use ferts either, however, ferts should not cause any problems for the fry and neither should the CO2 for that matter-just remember CO2 can cause the pH to decrease and smaller volume water changes may be needed in fry tanks.
Yes, I have been able to keep my Bettas that I spawn together long term without any issues, however, I was not able to successfully do this with the first generation or at least with the males and this is in a 75gal very, very heavy natural planted tank..I have some 5th generation mixed sexes that are to date happy in 25gal and have successfully been able to re-intro the males back to the tank after they are removed for a month or so for spawning....
- Hi OFL, I have a question and I didnt know who or where to ask so I figure since your one of the most knowledgeable member on here I try my luck with you. I have a 20 gallon long that i just recently set up and wanted to densely plant it and use it as a grow out tank for betta fry. I've read that you've manage to keep them longer together by keeping them in a densely planted tank so I thought i give it a try too, but I have a few question that I hope you can help me with. Have you ever inject CO2 into the tank and would it affect fry growth at all? Would dosing fertilizer affect fry growth too? Thank you
- Since he is otherwise eating, swimming and generally active...it sounds like normal closed system behavior....glass surfing is something some fish do...not sure the true reason...but I suspect it is related to just being in a closed system...the fish has no concept that on the other side is not water.....
Not really much you can do...you can try moving things around inside the tank when you do water changes, placing different objects outside the tank and inside too, cover the areas that he seems to surf the most for glare...kinda trial and error......
- Hi OFL! My betta Josh likes to 'patrol' just the front of his ten gallon. It's heated and filtered. Is this just his 'hobby' or is something bugging him? He also seems to have an affection for a corner of his tank. He seems to like swimming up and down that wall/corner. The tank is half lit, and he seems to prefer the darkest corner, but when I turn of the light, he still stays there.He's active, eating, swimming, and normal, I was just wondering if this is bad or just his behavioral patterns. Thx in advance!
- I would get her in a small QT container that can be floated in the heated tank....this will make it easier on her to get to air as well
I need more information to know what salt to recommend....if she is having buoyancy, constipation, bloat etc... problems 2tsp/gal Epsom salt and if it is injury, parasites...etc.... aquarium salt 1tsp/gal...and for open wounds- aquarium salt 3tsp/gal
Its best to always QT for treatment in a small-clear-bare bottom container-this helps for the needed 100% daily water changes, dosage and most important observation....
- OFL I need some tips: How much AQ and Eposm salt to add to a 1.5 gallon tank? Maka's gotten sick and she can't move off her silk plant trust me she's wiggled and trying to fall off of it but she can't seem to move herself. worried about doing 100% changes with the treatment considering that she's gotten this bad.
- ok well i am having a betta fish crisis!!!! i cured one but now its the other one he is motionless im treaing him for ick but he just stays at the bottom of the tank he wont eat or sticks his head in the rocks and is straight up or stares at the other one in the bigger tant and he wont eat and he just started acting like this on monday when i changed his water and everything and i really dont know what to do i got him in dcember and the other one who was given to me in december but his previous owners got him in may he was just constipated which i thought was weird