- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 501 to 510 of 1190
- Okay thank you ill check it out right now :) I think ive actually got my dad interested, he had a betta in a small bowl at some point before i ever even bothered but mine are making him want another :)) Very relaxing, and he needs that. He asked if id ever breed mine but i think my boys a bit too old for such a thing, especially by the time i felt comfortable and confident with that. Maybe i can help him get a fish and HE can take that 10 gallon instead XD
- Free tanks are always nice...lol....
You can safely cycle the tank with the Betta as long as you make the needed water changes like you are doing.....
Florida fish clubs....TBAS1.com..Tampa bay area and South goldcoastaquarium.org...www. in front of both....it won't let you post links on this section...I don't thinks....check them out
- My neighbor whom i dont talk to sat a 10 gallon outside just today, 2 days after i buy one, one appears. Hes planning on getting rid of it and my dads already trying to get it off of him to give me, he doesnt seem to understand the space issue :)) Though the idea of putting a tank outside on my porch sounds alittle interesting, i think ill get it and hold onto it for the possible future :) Again ty for the help. Ill check back later for the address. :)
- Im living in central Florida and yes, its well water, the guys that work there live around here and have the same iron problem so they bottle their water from there to drink lol. Ive been adding it slowly to their vases that are sitting in the ten gallon throughout the day. No issues so far and the temp is a steady 78. I am gonig to keep an eye on their levels (so happy i can now :)) but i plan to do 2 50% changes a week with vacuming once a week unless i notice anything a bit high. I was told that a fish in cycle isnt recommended but im stay at home and i enjoy water changes as long as i have the water so i think itll be okay. I put plants ad sand between the two mesh dividers and after its done cycling i may add a few ghost shrimp.
- Awesome find.....does their water come from a well too....be sure and do a slow acclimation to the new water to be safe...but I am sure you already planned on doing that...lol......
I understand...due to my disability I am house bound myself and depend on others to get me around.....and what is neat about local fish clubs is that they usually will have a web-site and forum that are free with monthly meetings that you don't have to go to and usually they post the meeting-minutes on their web site....they can be a great resource of information....They have list of local clubs in the back pages of most of aquarium magazine....if you don't have any magazine with a list let me know your state and I can give you their address...you could at least give them a look...lol.....
- Later in the night i as feeling pretty frustrated about it and my dad suddenly told me that up at the nearest gas station on his way to work they have clear water in their hose and he can fill up jugs there for free for me, and that his wife is needing a liquid test kit for her koi pond outside so i could use that, after 25% my tap and 75% the gas stations tap and priming it overnight, a test kit showed all of the levels in an acceptable range and the 10 gal is clear finally :D Im just letting the water warm up and im going to move the two live plants i currently have into it. My males tank is cycled (only 3 gallons so not stable i assume) but it does show results of being stable so im going to move all of his items to the tank as well before moving him in. Maybe that will help start the cycle process. At least i now have a decent water source to mix with my tap that doesnt cost :))
- Jrf456-it is really best to get the proper size tank and keep the proper numbers for a sorority of females to limit stress and problems that result..I would not keep 2 females in 5gal...
inkrealm-not sure if IAL will stop tail biting...but the tannins they create can help with stress...add the IAL to stain the water a nice amber color and see if that helps your Betta
Punki-no problem happy to help anyway I can..wish I could be of more help....your water sounds pretty bad...to bad you don't have any local fish keepers...what about a fish club I know you have them in your state....that would be a good resource for local water information....