Conversation Between Oldfishlady and aurasoulful
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Hi OFL, How are you and your tanks. I think my tank is starting to stabilize. There is hardly any gas buildup anymore. The nitrates are finally dropping on it's own. It went from 40 ppm down to 5ppm. Ammonia and nitrites are always zero. I'm getting more plants in the next couple of days. I just hope I can fit them as my existing plants have grown so huge. The duckweed is still in there. I scoop some of it out as it's starting to populate in there. Everything that's living in the tank seems bright and happy. (New betta, neons, shrimp, and the MTS and the sneaky pond snails. Since you've helped me so much, I just wanted to give you a follow up on the tank :D Hope you are well! I've posted a picture of the tank in my gallery if you'd like to see :D
- Aw I'm sure she won't forget you. You saved her from dying in the yard. Must of been fun walking her. You did a wonderful thing for her <3 Yeah, duckweed is a natural looking plant. Just hard to test water, change water, or get in there without the duckweed clinging all over you XD It likes to leap into my test tubes..
- That is very true. The swords seem to like my tank. Even through they were stirred up a little, they are growing more and more every time I see them. Pennyworts aren't too enthusiastic but they are alive and growing. I got the duckweed and put some of it in. I didn't want to put too much to block out light. That stuff gets all over you lol.. Hopefully it will deplete the nitrate levels, then everything will be zero. The water is crystal clear now, which calms me down. The water smells like a giant cucumber which I guess it better then eggs. I'll keep posted, still waiting on the other plants :/
- Okay, my duckweed was delivered today, so I will poke the substrate again and wash, and then place the duckweed in the tank. Yeah, I definitely do not have enough plants in the tank. I pray that my shipment will come in. I will also find a store near me to get a few more plants while I wait. Good to know about the snails. I guess they were eating the dying parts of a pennywort. Thanks for your continued support OFL. Soon I will understand this info better I hope :)
- Okay, thanks for responding. I poked it some more. I'll change the water again when I get home. I do have some MTS in the tank. Maybe I didn't get enough of them. I could order some more. The film could be from the veggies I've been giving the snails as they were nibbling the plants. The readings from my last test were Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, and Nitrates 20ppm. I just panicked because there is so much gas build-up. I've got a cup of duckweed coming in the mail. I hope it arrives soon. I'm still waiting for the other plants to process and ship from Sweet aquatics. I've been smelling the tank. It doesn't smell bad, I'll keep you posted
- Hey, I just wanted to thank you for helping me out with my NPT. Sadly lots of gases built up I guess after my water change last night. I discovered whitish film in places on top of the substrate. When I started poking around, bubbles kept coming up. I can go poke some more and I know more will appear. I've poked so much, the water is now cloudy. So I guess I have to take it down after all. Thanks again though