Conversation Between Oldfishlady and inkrealm
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
- alright sent a message to check which I'm looking for for tannin.... also update on my boy, I have confirmed fin regrowth beginnings, thank God... he also surprised me this evening with a little shimmer in his fins that I haven't seen in..... ever actually... so I'm very hopeful... ^-^
- I did catch him biting once after I asked this, so I'm hoping that may have been a good part of it...
I was mostly worried not because it wasn't getting better, but because it was still getting worse.... it seems to have stopped again for now though, so I am hoping... still watching closely and changing the water.... it's been probably two days now... today is his third I think.... how long should I use the salt?
- Hi OFL...got a picture&video posted....finrot has gotten worse since...I moved him into the cup&put in 100% clean water treated with Prime,API Stress Coat+ Conditioner,&2 teaspoons of FW AQ Salt(API) for 1 gallon... it hasn't phased it...I have some Maracyn (sp?) I&II but do not want to use it unless really needed...I'm worried by the fact that the salt&fresh water didn't phase it though....during the middle of a water change it actually got WORSE. is this really fin rot?do you have any idea how to stop it?at 1st it only attacked the tail,but now that it's almost all gone it's started on the bottom fin,&it ate away the new growth on the top one&ate it to the edge too.... this can't be ammonia since the water is 100% new though...I don't know how to stop this...he still acts fine,but his fins are quickly going....just 10minutes ago his bottom&upper fins were perfectly fine;in just 10minutes it has destroyed the new growth&finished off the upper fin&taken a good hit to the lower....
- Hi OFL~ I think I already asked you this but maybe I didn't... do you have any ideas of what to do if a fish is choking or seems to be suffocating? i.e. if you KNOW th efish is choking on a pellet he just tried to eat... and then if you don't know for sure and he isn't trying to cough something up, but he's acting really sluggish and losing color fast and looking freaked out? I'm not sure there's anything to be done for the second.. but I figured I'd check anyway... and as for the first it's kindof a longshot, but I was just curious if you've ever encountered this? thankyou ^-^; <3
- oh sorry,aqnubias, oriental swords, and money wort, all old. the new plants is anarcharis, it was a suggested plant species in the plant thread :/ and I added a moss ball.
he doesn't tail bite, the triangle was the result of the heal up, it didn't start as a triangle. and I've watched him day and night and when he thinks I'm not looking and everything else and it's not his personality either ;-;
I've used the salt before with no upsets, it's fresh water, API.
the light came with the tank kit, and had never given me issues.
he never really colored up from the pet store,
first they were almost black, then bright blue, then pale dull blue, color, just no luster. on the salt his fins unclamped and started to get lustrous and flowy. some darkish color around the edges, I think there's some in the pic I sent you. it's similar to that.
when I took him off the salt it started back though.