Conversation Between SweetnSpicy and MrVampire181
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
- Okay, I do have a never-opened syringe that I did use for BBS when I first wanted to culture them, it is a larger one used for horses, but I took it before we had the chance to use it -thank goodness- Shots for horses are usually BAD xD
Oh, okay. I hate finding the perfect fish body/form and color wise, but his/her ventrals are SO small. Is that caused from it, too? I think I will feed them the MW or VE for only the first week, now, like you said, I like BBS, they are fun to culture, but I still want to give other cultures a go, though. I think that only getting one culture is alright, then, so I can put the other chores for cory cats xD
Thank you so much! :D
- Ok. Sometimes fry will eat till they pop so if you're worried about this just use a turkey baster (new, never used near soap) to regulate BBS. WARNING: Microworms and vinegar eels aren't as nutritous. Have you ever seen a betta with no ventral fins? Thats caused by mal-nutrition which is caused by feeding microworms or vinegar eels for to long. I reccomend you feed them those for the first week then mix it with BBS.
- I have a bunch of BBS, and my LPS sells it, so I will normally have a steady supply of it haha. I do have some Banana Lilies, and Java Moss, so that will provide some infusoria I think.
So the fry aren't like the adults, because mine will keep eating, even if they have just been fed xD Sorta Like horses, they don't stop eating when they are full....
I still think I will get a culture, because I don't want all of those extra chores to go to waste!
- I like BBS alone personally. I also like to use live plants for infusoria. Ok swim bladder. I have never had problems myself and I never watch the amount of shrimp. My fry always eat as much as they can and no more. So it leaves me some extra work getting dead shrimp out but not much more than that. I've been trying the Hikari First Bites. But I'm not sure how well it works because I just toss a little in there before school.
- Hi, Since you are probably one of the most experienced breeders here, I hope it isn't too much trouble to answer a question or two of mine...
What live food do you recommend the most for raising fry? I can get a few cultures in the near future, and I plan on breeding soon, also. But I don't want to use just BBS, Because I heard that using just BBS can cause swim bladder diseases....
- Thanks so much! I guess he will get some extra blood worms this week. I also did a full water change, because he usually makes a nest within a day or two. Banana is pretty smart, but I don't think he knows she is behind the glass, because he hits it a few times if I put her in.
I guess I should wait a day or two, then re-add the IAL, then add her?
By the way, thanks so much for your help!
- Well you see there's one trick I use with males like that. I feed them their favorite food. If that dosen't work I assume he's to smart for his own good. He knows she's behind glass or placstic and refuses to build a nest until she is free swimming in the breeding tank.
- I have a question, and you seem like one of the best breeders on here, so I hope you can help.
I am having a problem with my male CT, and trying to breed him. He won't make a nest with her by him, but covers his whole tank with bubble nests without her. I am at my wit's end! I am not really sure what to do, because I don't want to risk losing one of them. There is IAL in the 10 he is currently in, and she is in a 2gal. I am not too sure what to do...
Thank you for your time!