- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- sing so glad to hear from you!!! Thank you so much for an update! Sorry for the late reply i am not coming often on site any more unfortunately because i am involved on fb with dogs But i do check on my mess just so let me know if you need anything:) Love to say hello!!!
- Thank you so much for an update, makes me happy. I am glad he still alive and lovely :) Looks like you doing something right , been a long time since your post. Not sure what issue he has now but i guess keep doing what you doing. Please let me know if you need my help. Thank you again for an update , i needed to hear something positive today!
- Love to have an update, thank you! You doing such a good job helping him. He is one lucky betta:) A fish's swimbladder fills with air to bring them to the surface. It is what allows them to float or sink, to stay at the surface, and to balance. Sometimes when fish start to get older, their swimbladder doesn't work anymore and this is what happens. I've had this happen to me with one of my betta. It can also happen from injury or some bettas could be born that way.
Just try to keep him in a shallow water so he can easily come up to the surface and breathe. They can live this way for quite some time. Silk plants for her to lean on or lay on are perfect.
Also if it too bad you can try Epsom salt. Sometimes if it chronic you can even keep him in the low dose of Epsom indefinitely.
- YES he is still alive! I have been changing his water more often and doing 100% changes. He never regained his vigor from before, and never built another bubble nest, but he eats eagerly and swims around some. I'm quite sure he has a swim bladder issue and yesterday I noticed the "film" on his head seems worse again so I will be treating his tank again next time I change it. I wish he was healthier, but I'm glad he's still with me! Thanks for your concern! Happy New Year to you too!
- Hey sing Happy New Year! Do you still have a betta? Don't get discourage if he didn't survived. Sometimes no matter how right , hart we try we can't help them. With any pet though we always expect them to get sick later or earlier. But you always know that pet is one of the lucky fish or any animal who got rescued and was loved which is more then they would get at any store.