- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Hello! Hope your winter is going well. I plan on going out for my yearly overnight icefishing trip tommorow. We fish North Sandy Pond which is a huge bay off the east end of Lake Ontario. Perch, walleye and northern pike are the target species but somone always ends up pulling a bass or bullhead or some other oddball through the ice. Hoping you get out on the ice this year!
- Hey roc, went fishing yesterday! The oswego seawall is on the south shore of lake ontario, big water, inland ocean. People hope for northern pike, steelhead or chinook samon this time of year...just before ice. So what did I catch? 3 tiny rock bass. Got to give them some credit for hitting lures almost a big as they are, but overall it was a just about a bust. Nice to feel a fish pulling on my line though, even if they were barley big enough to bend the rod!
- I live in a unique part of the country... I live 30 minutes from the ocean... and hour and a half from one of the largest lakes in the North east that harbors , large rainbows, salmon and lake trout... some of the local lakes were stocked with pike a decade ago.. they now boast self sustaining populations.. those provide winter sport through the ice...
- About Roccus
- North Eastern Massachusetts
- Fishing...wood working.. indoor and out door fish keeping... gardening
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- Old Salty liked post by Roccus On thread : Where is the optimal Power head placementthanks for the reply... in the end.. it comes down to what works best for the tank and it's inhabitants I guess so.... That's Pretty much what I've done..I upgraded to a pair of 750's...my over...Liked On: 09-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Posted On: 09-25-2014, 07:07 AMSome notes on the new tank.... for one it is 75 gallon.. it is not as deep as the 60.. but is 4" wider... it came with one 3' set of LED with day/night mode ..if I read their specs right they only...Liked On: 09-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Posted On: 09-16-2014, 01:17 PMTHANKS FOR THE REPLY... glad to have another opinion on this project... I've always used R/O D/I water in all my tanks ( a blend of it with tap water for fresh to control my GH..KH and PH) and...Liked On: 09-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Posted On: 09-12-2014, 08:57 AMOld Salty liked post by Roccus On thread : Taking suggestions on my new tank...I don't know if you've tested the water yet... but you might want to temper the R/O D/I water with faucet water.. unlike a salt tank where you make a mixture, and add what you need, you have stripped...Liked On: 09-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Posted On: 09-12-2014, 12:13 PMrsskylight04 liked post by Roccus On thread : First Salt water...new buildI say go for it.... study and read...IMHO...once you get them running, they seem more self sufficient then Fw tanks...the hardest part is keeping yourself from going too fast... I use frequent water...Liked On: 06-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Posted On: 05-31-2014, 02:07 PMNothing huge 8' X 12' X 30" (sump) 12"X12" margin with average depth of 24"...like my aquariums .. I only want something I have time to spend to maintain it correctly... I dug an old stump out...Liked On: 06-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Posted On: 11-05-2013, 11:46 AMI dug a few more pictures from my cell phone...Liked On: 06-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Posted On: 11-05-2013, 12:06 PMPetMania liked post by Roccus On thread : New here..my ornamental "pond"I never did mention what they were... they all started as "feeder" gold fish because i wasn't sure if the pond would make it in the pine forrest ( I have since cleared lots of branches so my lillies...Liked On: 05-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Posted On: 11-05-2013, 12:19 PMwillow liked post by Roccus On thread : New here..my ornamental "pond"weather has fianlly warmed up enough to work outside with out dressing like Nanuck of the north... I removed the "ROCK PILE" water fall and installed a sump... I lined a "creek that flows around a...Liked On: 05-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Posted On: 05-08-2014, 08:58 AMas mentione before.. i have re configured my sump/filter/refugium...with a little experience..trial and error and more research, i decided to re work my sump.. again, I removed the bio balls and pre...Liked On: 05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Posted On: 05-08-2014, 08:40 AMSaturday was rainy... and a cold wind off the ocean( water temp is still 40 degrees here) made me scrap the yard work and think of indoors activities... so after another abreviated water check my...Liked On: 05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Posted On: 04-28-2014, 08:02 AMjaysee liked post by Roccus On thread : happy easterWe have it every easter( not the one the hawk caught).... my wife...italian for the old country serves it every year.. spicey with pasta as the first coarse...followed by lamb and pork.... when asked...Liked On: 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Posted On: 04-22-2014, 07:46 AMNitrates disapeared after water change.. and have not reapeared since... nitrite showed at 0.25...no amonia... I've since added macro algae to the tank and macro algae and pods to the refugium......Liked On: 04-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Posted On: 04-17-2014, 07:32 AMyesterday... this morning ...I saw one of my frogs made It through the winter. He was sitting on the ledge warming himself in the afternoon sun... the goldies all were looking for a meal........Liked On: 04-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Posted On: 04-13-2014, 09:54 PMI'm going to have to retake some more pictures...my old camera that has been dropped on the deck of the boat.... dropped into the snow while taking pictures on mountain hikes and generaly abused...Liked On: 04-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 07:28 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.