- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Hello! Hope your winter is going well. I plan on going out for my yearly overnight icefishing trip tommorow. We fish North Sandy Pond which is a huge bay off the east end of Lake Ontario. Perch, walleye and northern pike are the target species but somone always ends up pulling a bass or bullhead or some other oddball through the ice. Hoping you get out on the ice this year!
- Hey roc, went fishing yesterday! The oswego seawall is on the south shore of lake ontario, big water, inland ocean. People hope for northern pike, steelhead or chinook samon this time of year...just before ice. So what did I catch? 3 tiny rock bass. Got to give them some credit for hitting lures almost a big as they are, but overall it was a just about a bust. Nice to feel a fish pulling on my line though, even if they were barley big enough to bend the rod!
- I live in a unique part of the country... I live 30 minutes from the ocean... and hour and a half from one of the largest lakes in the North east that harbors , large rainbows, salmon and lake trout... some of the local lakes were stocked with pike a decade ago.. they now boast self sustaining populations.. those provide winter sport through the ice...
- About Roccus
- North Eastern Massachusetts
- Fishing...wood working.. indoor and out door fish keeping... gardening
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- Roccus liked post by Tattoo Tippy On thread : How to set up a new tank in a hurryForgot to mention I use Prime alsoLiked On: 05-06-2015, 06:10 AM
Posted On: 05-05-2015, 08:06 PMRoccus liked post by sandybottom On thread : my whiskey barrel pond.4/30/2015I tossed this together this afternoon. I hope you enjoy it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9PM0dPpJx8Liked On: 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Posted On: 04-30-2015, 10:10 PMRoccus liked post by SeaHorse On thread : Major mistake buying a Red Sea Max aquarium!!Please post again (with pics?) when this is resolved and you have your new tank. We're sorry to hear you had difficulty at first. Looks like most reviews on the internet are favorable. The...Liked On: 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Posted On: 05-04-2015, 09:55 AMRoccus liked post by willow On thread : Hello Fish Keepers!warm welcome,hello to you and goodbye to your wallet !:-DLiked On: 05-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Posted On: 04-30-2015, 07:17 AMRoccus liked post by Tolak On thread : Angelfish strange behaviorThey're looking outside the tank for that 75 gallons of room you'll need to house them all. Goldfish should never be kept with angels, they're incompatible temperature, diet, and temperament wise. ...Liked On: 05-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Posted On: 05-01-2015, 05:55 AMRoccus liked post by willow On thread : Feeding Bristlenose Plecosi have a small plec,she only has one working fin,her others never grew,they're just stumps,however she's quite a madam when it comes to feeding time,and will hold her own against all the other...Liked On: 04-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Posted On: 04-30-2015, 08:35 AMRoccus liked post by badxgillen On thread : Starfish attacked by shrimp, still alive?When I used to buy "live" rock that was cured from other sources I used to smell the pieces to make sure they were actually cycled...And if it is a dead snail don't put your nose right up to it, they...Liked On: 04-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Posted On: 04-09-2015, 10:16 AMRoccus liked post by Tolak On thread : Moving a 75 g that houses a large fresh water parrot fish.So about 12 hours road time counting stopping for gas, coffee & food, maybe closer to 10 if you're indifferent towards speed limits & don't mind eating on the fly. Big fish, fast it for 2-3 days...Liked On: 12-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Posted On: 11-05-2014, 10:03 PMDepends on the species, and their age. One might be too many if it's an 8" oscar, hundreds of fry will thrive if they're young enough. Put a sponge pre-filter on that AC70 for fry. Yes,...Liked On: 11-19-2014, 06:15 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 10:33 PMRoccus liked post by Angel079 On thread : when is a tank overstockedI got a few years on me now and I just don't think its fair to answer that question so black & white, because its not. You'll always need to look at the fish needs & compatibility , look at the set...Liked On: 11-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 07:28 PMI'm not understanding the question. http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2619/YDvtB0.jpgLiked On: 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 04:33 PMRoccus liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : White Algae/Fungus thing growing on filter (out of water)Yum! Thats either mold or hard water build up, neither are harmful. Clean your tank manLiked On: 10-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Posted On: 10-12-2014, 10:39 PMRoccus liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : Tips for growing brilliant show fish.Each to their own. My fish love their ammonia, chlorine, hydroxide, and lead laced tap water. I also don't feel confident in my tap waters ability to give me brain damage. I get all my nutrients...Liked On: 10-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Posted On: 10-06-2014, 11:02 AMRoccus liked post by plantsandmore On thread : My 10 gallon claimed two more lives... I give up.Too little info to help: 1. what is ph?, 2. what is water source? 3. what was your process for adding fish, 4. how did you treat your water, with what and how much, 5. what are your water test...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2014, 03:15 PMRoccus liked post by Agent13 On thread : self-sustaining aquariumHaha.. Any of us tooling around here for a while must wonder "is that his wife ?" Sent from Petguide.com App (http://www.petguide.com/mobile)Liked On: 05-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Posted On: 05-09-2014, 10:10 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.