- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Hello! Hope your winter is going well. I plan on going out for my yearly overnight icefishing trip tommorow. We fish North Sandy Pond which is a huge bay off the east end of Lake Ontario. Perch, walleye and northern pike are the target species but somone always ends up pulling a bass or bullhead or some other oddball through the ice. Hoping you get out on the ice this year!
- Hey roc, went fishing yesterday! The oswego seawall is on the south shore of lake ontario, big water, inland ocean. People hope for northern pike, steelhead or chinook samon this time of year...just before ice. So what did I catch? 3 tiny rock bass. Got to give them some credit for hitting lures almost a big as they are, but overall it was a just about a bust. Nice to feel a fish pulling on my line though, even if they were barley big enough to bend the rod!
- I live in a unique part of the country... I live 30 minutes from the ocean... and hour and a half from one of the largest lakes in the North east that harbors , large rainbows, salmon and lake trout... some of the local lakes were stocked with pike a decade ago.. they now boast self sustaining populations.. those provide winter sport through the ice...
- About Roccus
- North Eastern Massachusetts
- Fishing...wood working.. indoor and out door fish keeping... gardening
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- Roccus liked post by willow On thread : christmas Treeshere's one of my snow men,think i've had a donut moment as i can't find the tree,which probably means i deleted it :hmm::demented: will re take pics :oops: :-)Liked On: 12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Posted On: 12-18-2013, 01:24 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : how cold is it?Folks around here have been talking a lot about global warming because we have had two very mild winters in a row ( only 70" of snow last year, 40" short of average). Things are very different this...Liked On: 12-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Posted On: 12-17-2013, 01:58 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?I would tell them the same thing you just told us, with special emphasis on the part about no one WANTS to be cruel.Liked On: 12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Posted On: 12-11-2013, 02:48 AMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : first planted tankThanks for the replys. I have 1" miracle grow, 1" sand, and quarter inch gravel. I just filled water today , so far so good.Liked On: 12-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 12:22 AMnice numbers would be.. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate lower than 20Liked On: 12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 10:04 AMRoccus liked post by willow On thread : New here..my ornamental "pond"you've started something now.. maybe we should have a christmas thread about decorating the ponds and tanks for the holiday season ?:lol:Liked On: 12-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 10:11 AMi put a towel down on water change day…husband not impressed with wet wooden floor ! some people are just not understanding :roll: J/K :lol:Liked On: 12-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 05:45 AMRoccus liked post by willow On thread : Help with getting test kit !hello and welcome i use the API test kit.:-DLiked On: 12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Posted On: 12-07-2013, 04:26 PMRoccus liked post by vorona131 On thread : When OLD fish become NEW FISH! - How I began!... about 6 months ago I woke up from my ordinary boring life expecting an ordinary boring day but as I reached the bottum of the stairs that morning I noticed an old fish tank in the living room...Liked On: 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Posted On: 12-06-2013, 09:25 AMRoccus liked post by Forestfish On thread : ?? Nitrite out of control ??So it's been a week since I've done a water change and everything has been going great!! Tests have all been consistent with Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate (12/6) 20 , slowly climbed all week pH...Liked On: 12-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Posted On: 12-07-2013, 07:12 AMRoccus liked post by rickey On thread : heater positioningI mount athe bottom so I don't blow any more heaters up RLiked On: 12-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Posted On: 12-05-2013, 06:45 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : A balanced diet for cichlidsShortly after I joined tfk a most excellent member of the reference team ( Agent13) reccommended that I feed a balanced diet of foods to my jack dempsey cichlid. I had never really thought about that...Liked On: 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Posted On: 12-04-2013, 12:06 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : Finally created an accountAwesome, great people on this forum. Moderators and reference team are wonderful . Ifyou like fish, you'll love tfk! Best wishes to you and your fish - skylightLiked On: 12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Posted On: 12-04-2013, 10:55 AMRoccus liked post by UncleEasy3000 On thread : Picture thread - no tanks allowed ;)Not sure if this is gonna work from the phone, but we went to sea world today and this is me amazed at the shark tank/tunnel. Ill post some up when I leave San Diego tomorrow if not..Liked On: 11-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Posted On: 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.