- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
- Hello! Hope your winter is going well. I plan on going out for my yearly overnight icefishing trip tommorow. We fish North Sandy Pond which is a huge bay off the east end of Lake Ontario. Perch, walleye and northern pike are the target species but somone always ends up pulling a bass or bullhead or some other oddball through the ice. Hoping you get out on the ice this year!
- Hey roc, went fishing yesterday! The oswego seawall is on the south shore of lake ontario, big water, inland ocean. People hope for northern pike, steelhead or chinook samon this time of year...just before ice. So what did I catch? 3 tiny rock bass. Got to give them some credit for hitting lures almost a big as they are, but overall it was a just about a bust. Nice to feel a fish pulling on my line though, even if they were barley big enough to bend the rod!
- I live in a unique part of the country... I live 30 minutes from the ocean... and hour and a half from one of the largest lakes in the North east that harbors , large rainbows, salmon and lake trout... some of the local lakes were stocked with pike a decade ago.. they now boast self sustaining populations.. those provide winter sport through the ice...
- About Roccus
- North Eastern Massachusetts
- Fishing...wood working.. indoor and out door fish keeping... gardening
- Total Years Fish Keeping Experience
- Roccus liked post by Tolak On thread : Moving a 75 g that houses a large fresh water parrot fish.So about 12 hours road time counting stopping for gas, coffee & food, maybe closer to 10 if you're indifferent towards speed limits & don't mind eating on the fly. Big fish, fast it for 2-3 days...Liked On: 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Posted On: 11-05-2014, 11:03 PMDepends on the species, and their age. One might be too many if it's an 8" oscar, hundreds of fry will thrive if they're young enough. Put a sponge pre-filter on that AC70 for fry. Yes,...Liked On: 11-19-2014, 07:15 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 11:33 PMRoccus liked post by Angel079 On thread : when is a tank overstockedI got a few years on me now and I just don't think its fair to answer that question so black & white, because its not. You'll always need to look at the fish needs & compatibility , look at the set...Liked On: 11-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Posted On: 11-17-2014, 08:28 PMI'm not understanding the question. http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2619/YDvtB0.jpgLiked On: 11-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Posted On: 11-14-2014, 05:33 PMRoccus liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : White Algae/Fungus thing growing on filter (out of water)Yum! Thats either mold or hard water build up, neither are harmful. Clean your tank manLiked On: 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Posted On: 10-12-2014, 11:39 PMRoccus liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : Tips for growing brilliant show fish.Each to their own. My fish love their ammonia, chlorine, hydroxide, and lead laced tap water. I also don't feel confident in my tap waters ability to give me brain damage. I get all my nutrients...Liked On: 10-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Posted On: 10-06-2014, 12:02 PMRoccus liked post by plantsandmore On thread : My 10 gallon claimed two more lives... I give up.Too little info to help: 1. what is ph?, 2. what is water source? 3. what was your process for adding fish, 4. how did you treat your water, with what and how much, 5. what are your water test...Liked On: 05-31-2014, 10:41 PM
Posted On: 05-24-2014, 04:15 PMRoccus liked post by Agent13 On thread : self-sustaining aquariumHaha.. Any of us tooling around here for a while must wonder "is that his wife ?" Sent from Petguide.com App (http://www.petguide.com/mobile)Liked On: 05-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Posted On: 05-09-2014, 11:10 AMRoccus liked post by jaysee On thread : anyone know how to make an air pump pump water?They posted a year ago, so don't hold your breath for a response :-)Liked On: 05-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Posted On: 05-06-2014, 01:31 AMRoccus liked post by Mikaila31 On thread : self-sustaining aquariumYou would need to make the substrate deep enough that plants would not root all the way down, or have significantly large unplanted areas to try and encourage anoxic zones but that wouldn't be a...Liked On: 05-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Posted On: 05-04-2014, 04:02 PMRoccus liked post by badxgillen On thread : 40 Stack Re BuildFirst some good. I have acquired some nice coral frags recently, some name brand goodies and some not so common things. This here is a Diaseris coral that you do not see very often.Many of them have...Liked On: 04-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Posted On: 04-10-2014, 01:26 AMRoccus liked post by willow On thread : christmas Treeshere's one of my snow men,think i've had a donut moment as i can't find the tree,which probably means i deleted it :hmm::demented: will re take pics :oops: :-)Liked On: 12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Posted On: 12-18-2013, 02:24 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : how cold is it?Folks around here have been talking a lot about global warming because we have had two very mild winters in a row ( only 70" of snow last year, 40" short of average). Things are very different this...Liked On: 12-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Posted On: 12-17-2013, 02:58 PMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : How to tell someone their setup is bad?I would tell them the same thing you just told us, with special emphasis on the part about no one WANTS to be cruel.Liked On: 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Posted On: 12-11-2013, 03:48 AMRoccus liked post by rsskylight04 On thread : first planted tankThanks for the replys. I have 1" miracle grow, 1" sand, and quarter inch gravel. I just filled water today , so far so good.Liked On: 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Posted On: 12-10-2013, 01:22 AM
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.