Siamese fry!!! - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Siamese fry!!!

One of my female guppies had a batch of about 43 fry about an hour ago (which i am very pleased about ;D) one of which has a conjoined twin!!! They're both alive but i'm not sure how long they will live for. Does anyone have any idea how long they will survive and if i can do anything to help? It seemed to swim ok though. Any comments would be appreciated, many thanks!! :)
ellespencer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Member
 
Olympia's Avatar
 
Oh dear. You may want to separate it from the others if you want it to live. It'll be out competed for food.
Where is it joined?


Just my personal opinion, but I'd cull it now... seems like it'll suffer too much in it's lifetime. :(

taking a break from fish-keeping.
3 lovely male betta still keep me company.
Olympia is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Oh dear. You may want to separate it from the others if you want it to live. It'll be out competed for food.
Where is it joined?


Just my personal opinion, but I'd cull it now... seems like it'll suffer too much in it's lifetime. :(
there joined belly to belly so one is upside down...but they both seem ok
ellespencer is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Olympia's Avatar
 
Probably won't be able to defecate..

taking a break from fish-keeping.
3 lovely male betta still keep me company.
Olympia is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Probably won't be able to defecate..
just had a look and it seems to have disappeared and there are no dead fish...think it could have detached its self, maybe they were just attached my the sack??
ellespencer is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
New Member
 
AK Fresh Water's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespencer View Post
just had a look and it seems to have disappeared and there are no dead fish...think it could have detached its self, maybe they were just attached my the sack??
Dang, it would have been awesome to see pics!
It would have been even cooler if it grew up fine.


AK Fresh Water is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Fresh Water View Post
Dang, it would have been awesome to see pics!
It would have been even cooler if it grew up fine.
i no! its a shame i would of liked to see it as an adult. oh well at least they will both live now :)
ellespencer is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Siamese Flying Fox Sinopa Freshwater Journals 6 02-11-2010 12:54 PM
Siamese Algae eater? doggyhog Catfish 1 09-07-2009 01:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome