Originally Posted by Terrainosaur
Hi. I've finally got a cycled tank and the 6 male guppies seem insanely happy. They swim around a lot, eat everything I feed them and play in the bubble curtain.
1. Is this as many guppies as I should put in this 6g tank?
2. They chase each other and bump into each other a lot, though I don't see any damaged fins. Is this normal? Is it acceptable?
3. What is Melafix? Why do people mention it when nippers are brought up?
4. Why do stores sell male and females together, and why do people suggest buying them together, knowing they will breed and overstock?
1. One fish per gallon- perfect
2. They should be okay, don't let them get stressed though
3. Not sure, sorry
4. Hmm, I did that, big mistake- got some prego females, : The store may want for you to overstock then they all die and you will need to go and buy supplies and more fish to keep them alive. Thats all I can really think of unless they want you to sell the babies back to them.