Romad..... I will answer what I can.
1. Size of tank? 30 gal
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia O
b. Nitrite 0
c. Nitrate 20
d. pH, KH and GH 7.2
e. Test kit API master test kit
3. Temperature 80
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish) Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
I have 5 guppies, 1 cory, 7 platys..... (all but 2 of platys are only 2 months old, born in tank. last bought guppies 6 weeks ago... had been in tank for 2 weeks.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? all fake plants.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Hollow décor
9. a. Filtration? aquatech (from walmart) 2 for 20 gal. tank.... that is why I have 2 of them in it.
b. Heater? yes.......
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? flouresent I turn it off at night.... light is on approximately 12 hr.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No sunlight
11. a. Water change schedule? I do water change usually once weekly... had ammonia spike about a week ago... did 2 50 % water changes to bring it down.
b. Volume of water changed? usually only 25 %....
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? aquasafe... put out by tetra....
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Vacumed every water change. careful not to vacume to much as to not mess with cycle.
12. Foods? Hikari first bites for the young ones...... Hikari high protein for guppies.... freezedried bloodworms once weekly.... or shrimp .... alternate those two as a treat. wardley tropical fish flake food.
How often are they fed? once in the morning and once at night.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? whitish film looking stuff on sides of a couple platys
b. Appearance of poop? whitish
c. Appearance of gills? red
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? only fish I treated was one that was wounded with melafix.... but that was in small tank..... not community .
b. What meds were used?
I am slowly raising the temp in the tank to help if it is ick... but I do not see any salt like spots on them, just the whitish looking film on the two platys.
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. will have a friend come take a photo of tank for me if she can.... and I will post it.
Thank you so much, I lost another one this morning and now they are all hanging out by the heater....