01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
| || |
I agree with Aunt, you need to do a water change and give a little more information about your tank system. Also, if you do not have an ammonia kit, get one ASAP, ammonia is deadly and easy to come by.
For example, I had a five gallon tank with no ammonia, within a few days it was at .5 after I had fished out a few dead guppies and left over food.
Treating your tank is good, but 25-50% (higher is more extreme, but you might want it that way). Second thing is to think of another tank, if you have a small one to spare, that you can take some of the cleaned old tank water (so after water change) to put the guppies into until they recover. Don't want them to get something while weak, especially not if they end up giving it to your other fish.
Also, you checking for nitrate or nitrite? Nitrate is far less dangerous than nitrite, at least in fresh water, so make sure you also check Nitrites, more often than Nitrates. After all, you get Nitrates after you have high ammonia levels AND high nitrite levels (ammonia + H2O makes Nitrite. Nitrite + H2O makes Nitrate).