umm im new to crayfish
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Freshwater and Tropical Fish » Invertebrates » umm im new to crayfish

umm im new to crayfish

This is a discussion on umm im new to crayfish within the Invertebrates forums, part of the Freshwater and Tropical Fish category; --> uhh well i wanna know about the minimum tank size for a blue crayfish? becausei have a ten gallon tank...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Purple Tetra
Purple Tetra
Blue Gourami
Blue Gourami
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
umm im new to crayfish
Old 08-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
 
Deku's Avatar
 
umm im new to crayfish

uhh well i wanna know about the minimum tank size for a blue crayfish? becausei have a ten gallon tank
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Re: umm im new to crayfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku
uhh well i wanna know about the minimum tank size for a blue crayfish? becausei have a ten gallon tank
please talk! im a newbie
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
 
there is always yahoo or google

but here is a website

http://www.bluecrayfish.com/bcf-faq.html
frogman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman6
there is always yahoo or google

but here is a website

http://www.bluecrayfish.com/bcf-faq.html
thanks >< finally someone talks to me
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
 
haha no problem i always like to help people...do u have the crayfish or are u getting one...and remember to cycle the tank first
frogman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman6
haha no problem i always like to help people...do u have the crayfish or are u getting one...and remember to cycle the tank first
umm yes the cycling thing...i have it cycled but question what do you do when you change the water(like clean the tank completely or if your going to move) ummm what do you do? how do you cycle the water that you newly placed?
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
 
My only piece of advice to you, is don't get a crayfish if you plan on having other fish in the tank. I bought my crayfish because I wanted something that lives at the bottom, in my caves. As soon as I dropped the guy in, he started chasing my pleco. Once my pleco got away, he literally picked up the gold mystery snail with his claws, shook him back and forth over his head, and then threw him across the tank

I knew this wasn't going to turn out good, so I keep him in my 10 gal quarantine tank now. I've had him for about 8 months now, and even tried to get him another crayfish friend. He ate him. I keep my feeder goldfish in the same tank too, and if I buy 2 dozen, he'll probably eat about 4 or 5 of them.

Bottom line, he doesn't do well with others haha.

(Also, he uproots any plant he sees, and redecorates how he sees fit)
paytheplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytheplayer
My only piece of advice to you, is don't get a crayfish if you plan on having other fish in the tank. I bought my crayfish because I wanted something that lives at the bottom, in my caves. As soon as I dropped the guy in, he started chasing my pleco. Once my pleco got away, he literally picked up the gold mystery snail with his claws, shook him back and forth over his head, and then threw him across the tank

I knew this wasn't going to turn out good, so I keep him in my 10 gal quarantine tank now. I've had him for about 8 months now, and even tried to get him another crayfish friend. He ate him. I keep my feeder goldfish in the same tank too, and if I buy 2 dozen, he'll probably eat about 4 or 5 of them.

Bottom line, he doesn't do well with others haha.

(Also, he uproots any plant he sees, and redecorates how he sees fit)
hahaha xD i see well i knew his agression level thats one of the reasons why i like him because you know how some eels are that they hide in a hole and anything that passes it gobbles them up xD same with the crayfish except the crayfish will just chase after em xD but i caught a wild one and this one actually is peaceful! idk why
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
 
Yeah I guess it's like that with all fish. Some act differently than others. When I bought the crayfish to go with him, he kept backing away and hiding and the new crayfish kept crawling all over him. Until I woke up in the AM and there was nothing left of the little guy but his claws.

Same thing with my piranhas. Naturally, they're supposed to act one way, but sometimes my Piranhas just act totally opposite.

I have to admit though, once I realized how crazy my crayfish was, my first reaction was to get rid of him. But he's grown on me and he's actually one of the more interesting things I have in my tank.
paytheplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytheplayer
Yeah I guess it's like that with all fish. Some act differently than others. When I bought the crayfish to go with him, he kept backing away and hiding and the new crayfish kept crawling all over him. Until I woke up in the AM and there was nothing left of the little guy but his claws.

Same thing with my piranhas. Naturally, they're supposed to act one way, but sometimes my Piranhas just act totally opposite.

I have to admit though, once I realized how crazy my crayfish was, my first reaction was to get rid of him. But he's grown on me and he's actually one of the more interesting things I have in my tank.
hmmm every crayfish has their own personality
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crayfish kevinoh33 Invertebrates 5 03-28-2008 07:56 AM
Crayfish help PLEASE kaytee576 Invertebrates 6 09-01-2007 09:22 AM
crayfish orrymoughler Invertebrates 2 04-09-2007 10:43 PM
Crayfish Enzo Invertebrates 6 04-02-2007 06:38 PM
crayfish wejlick1 Invertebrates 3 03-23-2007 01:54 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.