Small white particles?!?! - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Small white particles?!?!

Hi guys, I have a shrimp tank consisting of red crystal shrimps and red cherry shrimps. Lately I've noticed there are many very verry veryyyyy small, round moving white particles in my tank. I was wondering if you know what they are and if they are dangerous to my shrimps. I couldnt find any information online, so thanks in advance!
flillllulp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Member
 
GwenInNM's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flillllulp View Post
Hi guys, I have a shrimp tank consisting of red crystal shrimps and red cherry shrimps. Lately I've noticed there are many very verry veryyyyy small, round moving white particles in my tank. I was wondering if you know what they are and if they are dangerous to my shrimps. I couldnt find any information online, so thanks in advance!

Sounds like babies! RCS babies are sooooo tiny, they are like flea size. I hope you've not taken them out. Congrats on baby shrimp

Gwen

Just because animals can't talk, does not mean they should not be heard
GwenInNM is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenInNM View Post

Sounds like babies! RCS babies are sooooo tiny, they are like flea size. I hope you've not taken them out. Congrats on baby shrimp

Gwen
Okay, Thanks for the advice! I was worried that I've received some type of flea bacteria from the RCS seller's tank. I hope you're right, and it turns out to be RCS babies :D
flillllulp is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Member
 
GwenInNM's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flillllulp View Post
Okay, Thanks for the advice! I was worried that I've received some type of flea bacteria from the RCS seller's tank. I hope you're right, and it turns out to be RCS babies :D

That's what it will be. I bought some moss from my fish store that had shrimp in the tank. Sure enough, I lucked out and found baby RCS in with the moss, which I added to my shrimp tank.

If your conditions are right, you'll have lots and lots of babies over time. They are easy to breed.

Gwen

Just because animals can't talk, does not mean they should not be heard
GwenInNM is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White very small bug help Rogergolf66 Saltwater Aquarium Equipment 2 07-03-2007 12:22 AM
white particles? solareclipsed Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 7 04-27-2007 09:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome