07-27-2012, 04:23 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Kriston14
I might have made another rookie mistake... I brought home a like plant yesterday because I heard they can help reduce ammonia and bring in the bacteria I need to finish my tank cycle. Because of this I didn't clean off the plant which I am reading you should. Well, to get to the point, My black Mystery snail now has green stuff on his shell. It is very fine and only on one side. I can't really describe the texture because it is such a thin layer. Harmful fungus brought in on the plant? or normal in snails?
It sounds like algae to me, fungus is usually white and fuzzy.
Any chance on getting a picture?
It'll be easier to know for sure what it is then.