08-30-2008, 05:59 AM
| || |
is it possible, that because of a slightly high ammonia spike, and the fact the my apple snail had a bit of algae growing on it, that my otos could have eaten through it's shell? this morning i noticed it floating on top the water dead. lately i had noticed the aber outer layer was gone, checked the water to see an unusually high level of ammonia and moved the snail and otos to another tank with perfect cycled parameters. otos still seemed to be paying a lot of attention to the snail but i figured they just wanted the algae growth on its shell. well now i have a dead snail and am totally confused.
if ANYONE has another explanation please let me know. i am having horrible luck with these snails and need some advice.
Thanks in advance.
By the way, all levels seem to be back to normal in my other tank. will continue to monitor it closely.