Im Rob from Hampshire, England. Saw your forum today and thought id register and say hi!
Enough about me, now for the fish...
I own 3 tanks, My main on is a Jewel Vision 450 Litre.
Im this tank, the fish consist of:
- 3 Opaline Gourami, (2x 2-3" and 1x 6")
- 2 Pearl Gourami (both 2-3")
- 2 peppered corys (Both 2-3")
- 2 Angel Fish (Both 4-5", not sure what breed, maybe someone can identify)
- 10 to 12 Mickey mouse Platys (All growing babies, now about half an inch)
- 8-10 Convict Chichlids (Growing Babies about 1-2" Very unexpectdly peaceful!)
- 4 Unknown Tetras (Maybe someone can identify)
- 3 Normal Loaches (2 about 3" and the other about 1.5")
- 1 Golden Loach (About 2")
- 8-10 Mollies (2 Adults about 1.5" and 6 growing babys about 3cm's, these are orange with black fins)
- 2 Fire Eel's (1 is about 6" and the other is a baby about 3", hand fed with bloodworm and vegetables, very peaceful and tamed)
- 1 blue Crayfish (Very peaceful towards all other fish, about 6")
- 3 Blue Tetra
- 1 Adult Female Guppy (Back in from giving birth (See Second Tank))
- 2 Spotted Plecos (about 3-5" for both)
Thats all the fish in this tank, i have a few live plants and fake ones too, some rocks for my eels, chichlids and cray fish to hide in, some bogwood (also with plants growing on) and bamboo tubes. Also have a Skull and Ship just to take some space LOL.
This tank also has 2x 150 watt heaters (1 Each End) a Wave Maker (Power Head, fish love swimming against it) and a Fluval 405 external fiter. I have 4x 120cm t8 bulbs, which are, aqua glo, power glo, plant glo, and sun glo. This has a normal laminate juwel backing at the moment too...
I run this temperature in between 26 and 28 degrees centigrade. My most recent watertest results are: PH level: 8.0
NO2 (Nitrite): 0.1
NO3 (Nitrate): 5
NH3 NH4 (Ammonia): 0
My plans for this tank are...
- 3d Background
- Loads and Loads more live plants, losing fake plants in process
- Co2 input for plants
- Changing my Gravel for Plant substrate and Sand
- Lots more bogwood and driftwood and rocks
Basically, im trying to make my tank as similar to the amazon as i can get.
My Second tank is a 50 ltr breeding tank.
Nothing Special... 1 Loach, 16 Baby Guppies (Adult in main tank) Gravel, plant and rocks. Fluval 1 Plus filter with spraybar, and heater.
My Third Tank is a Empty, 3 compartment breeding tank approx 80 ltr. Will be breeding, Bristlenose Plecos, more chichlids and angelfish. Once guppies as gone also going to be breeding gouramis.
This sums my tnks up... sorry its alot to read, but i dont like to miss bits out.