New here - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEasy3000 View Post
WELCOME TO TFK!!!

Its really cool here.. Kick off your shoes, relax and stay awhile.. I can make you a peanut butter and jelly if you would like. Just pay for shipping.
Hi Uncle Easy,

Thanks for the warmest welcome! You always make your own gel food for your goldfishes?

I read a lot about home made gel food but have never find a great recipe and time to make some for my fishes though.

Great to have it done and delivered! But it would be a long journey! All the way from your place to Singapore!?!

Just gotten a TVR cull to try and experience it, from an experienced hobbyist which he doesn't mind to let me try to explore and learn from keeping TVR cull.

Precious only 1 BBR cull.

Due to my careless mistakes, 5 of my fishes wiped out, only left 4, they are 1 Oranda, 1 Ryukin, 1 Lionhead, and 1 Thai Ranchu.

Now raising the 2 batches of fries from the recent spawns using hatched brine shrimp eggs, also FOC from the hobbyist to let me learn.

Cheers,
Jenson
rsskylight04 likes this.
jensonchew is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensonchew View Post
Hi Uncle Easy,

Thanks for the warmest welcome! You always make your own gel food for your goldfishes?

I read a lot about home made gel food but have never find a great recipe and time to make some for my fishes though.

Great to have it done and delivered! But it would be a long journey! All the way from your place to Singapore!?!

Just gotten a TVR cull to try and experience it, from an experienced hobbyist which he doesn't mind to let me try to explore and learn from keeping TVR cull.

Precious only 1 BBR cull.

Due to my careless mistakes, 5 of my fishes wiped out, only left 4, they are 1 Oranda, 1 Ryukin, 1 Lionhead, and 1 Thai Ranchu.

Now raising the 2 batches of fries from the recent spawns using hatched brine shrimp eggs, also FOC from the hobbyist to let me learn.

Cheers,
Jenson
I meant I will make you a sandwich, it was a joke.. Sorry for the miscommunication

I'm sure someone on this site can help you with making food for your fish. I am sorry for your loss of fish
willow likes this.



84 Custom (72"x15"x18") - 6" Payara "Aramis"
75 - *Restocking Soon*
30 Long - 7" Pleco "Denzel", 3" Flowerhorn "Tyson"
10 QT - Breeding Pair Jack Dempsey (For Sale)
2.5 - Male King Betta - "Jax"
UncleEasy3000 is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Member
 
rsskylight04's Avatar
 
Hello and welcome! Please post pics of your goldfish if you can.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
rsskylight04 is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
The video below shows the remaining 4 fishes I have now:

I keep them in a marine tank I bought from a reefer, so the water level is quite high for them, close to 2.5ft.

4 Survivals of the internals - YouTube
rsskylight04 likes this.
jensonchew is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleEasy3000 View Post
I meant I will make you a sandwich, it was a joke.. Sorry for the miscommunication

I'm sure someone on this site can help you with making food for your fish. I am sorry for your loss of fish
No problem, so far I've only been feeding them SSS sinking pellets, some bros advised me to feed them some frozen blood worm every day too.
jensonchew is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Member
 
rsskylight04's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensonchew View Post
The video below shows the remaining 4 fishes I have now:

I keep them in a marine tank I bought from a reefer, so the water level is quite high for them, close to 2.5ft.

4 Survivals of the internals - YouTube
Those are some serious goldfish . I love the fat one with the double tail.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Last edited by rsskylight04; 11-21-2013 at 02:59 AM.
rsskylight04 is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Member
 
Roccus's Avatar
 
Welcome... goldies are amazing little ( not always that little) critters.. Mine are "outdoor" fish that provide hours of enjoyment to my wife and I and the neighborhood kids.. sorry to hear you lost a few...mistakes happen...life is a learning experience.. we dont stop learning until we take a dirt nap...
enjoy the friendly folks here...I'll have to view your vidio when i get home..As its blocked here at work ( something I should be doing now)
willow likes this.

Wise men speak when they have something to say...fools speak because they have to say something.
Roccus is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 11-22-2013, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
Welcome... goldies are amazing little ( not always that little) critters.. Mine are "outdoor" fish that provide hours of enjoyment to my wife and I and the neighborhood kids.. sorry to hear you lost a few...mistakes happen...life is a learning experience.. we dont stop learning until we take a dirt nap...
enjoy the friendly folks here...I'll have to view your vidio when i get home..As its blocked here at work ( something I should be doing now)
In Singapore, majority of us are staying in government subsidised apartment, while those more affluent can afford to buy landed property, which usually costs a few millions and above to posses it.

Thus, not really possible for us to have the luxury to keep outdoor fishes. I often heard that outdoor setup is the best for goldfishes and ranchus.
jensonchew is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Member
 
rsskylight04's Avatar
 
goldfish

In addition to bloodworms, try feeding frozen daphnia, its for sale at petsmart. Do you have petsmart in Singapore?

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
rsskylight04 is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Member
 
willow's Avatar
 
shelled peas are taken well too,give them a little squish first.

when you set up a new tank,hide an extra
sponge or two behind some decor,that way you have
something seeded for you next filter.
willow is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome