ok so I went to the store with my mom and my boyfriend to get my jack dempsy a heater for the winter because my old one broke. He is about a foot long. Ok so I put the heater in there to let it sit for 15 minuets before turning it on like it said and I fixed the bubble accessories that were in there and I was fine but then wen I went to change the filter I felt a shock throughout my hand. My boyfriend put his finger in the water and it didn't shock him so I tired it again and it shocked me. Note: I had my 2 filter systems plugged in, the bubble systems plugged in and the 2 lights plugged in. The heater WAS NOT plugged in. MY mom tried it and it didn't shock her. Another thing is I have braces but i dont know if that would affect anything maybe it does idunno but what doesnt make sense is that a few seconds before this happened my whole arm was submerged in the 55 gallon water. another wierd thing is my boyfriend had his finger in the water and i touched his arm and it still shocked me. I have everything plugged into a power surge protector. I don't know what to do.
I went into my room where my other fish tank is and put my fingers in that but i didn't get shocked it is only in that one fish tank. Has anyone ever heard of this before?