Hello from Newbie - Page 3
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping » Introduce Yourself » Hello from Newbie

Hello from Newbie

This is a discussion on Hello from Newbie within the Introduce Yourself forums, part of the Welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping category; --> Originally Posted by aunt kymmie But,i see your from Liverpool, which is even better than being from California! We're glad you joined us. gosh ...

Reply
Old 08-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #21
 
willow's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
But,i see your from Liverpool, which is even better than being from California! We're glad you joined us.
gosh kymmie i think we would perfer your weather !!
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #22
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
Welcome to TFK!

For the record, I'd take English weather over Californian any day of the week.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
 
Garibaldi's Avatar
 
[quote=iamntbatman;441989]Welcome to TFK!

For the record, I'd take English weather over Californian any day of the week.[/QUOTE

Honestly? Grey skys for about 9 months of the year and the other 3 are not much better. Summer is about 2 days of sun followed by a thunder storm!

California looks very attractive from this side of the pond.

Last edited by Garibaldi; 08-08-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garibaldi View Post
Hi Aunt Kymmie

I don't think you would swap our weather for yours. Or your wine!

I am originally from Nottingham (Robin Hood and all that!) and my team, Nottingham Forest are known as the Garibaldi Reds due to the fact they have worn red shirts in honour of Giuseppe Garibaldi since their inception in 1865. I wonder if your state fish is named after him aswell?

Hope I haven't bored you.

Cheers

Steve
Bored me? Heck, no! I love learning new things.
From the Monterey Bay Aqaurium's website:

"In the 1840s, an Italian named Giuseppe Garibaldi decided to start wearing bright-red shirts as part of his personal style. He went on to fight for the reunification of Italy, became a general and died a national hero. So when biologists discovered a brilliant red-orange fish cruising the rocky reefs of California—one that sallied out to bare its teeth at any intruder—they knew exactly what to name it."

And you're right, I wouldn't trade your weather for mine. However, I think I would gladly trade some California culture for some Liverpool culture!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #25
 
Tomsk's Avatar
 
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I thought your name was because of your chosen preference of biscuit ,my bad !
You should get all the help you need here,enjoy your future fish and remember ..one tank is never enough

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #26
 
Garibaldi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I thought your name was because of your chosen preference of biscuit ,my bad !
You should get all the help you need here,enjoy your future fish and remember ..one tank is never enough

Tomsk
Hey Tomsk

Thanks for the welcome. The Garibaldi biscuit is in my opinion a very under rated tea time accompaniment.

Is that Tomsk as in Uncle Bulgeria et al?

Cheers

Steve
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
 
Garibaldi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
Bored me? Heck, no! I love learning new things.
From the Monterey Bay Aqaurium's website:

"In the 1840s, an Italian named Giuseppe Garibaldi decided to start wearing bright-red shirts as part of his personal style. He went on to fight for the reunification of Italy, became a general and died a national hero. So when biologists discovered a brilliant red-orange fish cruising the rocky reefs of California—one that sallied out to bare its teeth at any intruder—they knew exactly what to name it."

And you're right, I wouldn't trade your weather for mine. However, I think I would gladly trade some California culture for some Liverpool culture!
Well we were European Capital of Culture 2008!

Garibaldi must be up there in the Most things named after 1 person top ten!

Cheers

Steve
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #28
 
Tomsk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garibaldi View Post
Hey Tomsk

Thanks for the welcome. The Garibaldi biscuit is in my opinion a very under rated tea time accompaniment.

Is that Tomsk as in Uncle Bulgeria et al?

Cheers

Steve
Im more of a chocolate digestive man myself

Yes I gained the nickname as a child many moons ago as my surname is Tomkins and that was too close to the womble Tomsk for other kids to ignore



Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbie here dutchboy Freshwater Journals 4 07-30-2010 04:01 PM
Help for a newbie, anyone? lindseysimpson Fish Breeding 2 01-01-2008 04:18 PM
Hello ! Newbie here ! Newbie alert. ha ha angelleah1981 Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 1 12-07-2007 12:09 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.